What are the digital marketing trends for 2020?
The Digital Industry around the world is continuously changing. to help You Stay a step ahead from the changing curve of upcoming Digital marketing trends in 2020. Here are some Digital marketing trends for 2020
Growth of Digital Marketing in India
As of April 2019, global internet users are 3.9 Billion. India is the 2nd largest country with more than 500 Million (50 Crores) internet users. Due to growth in internet usage, digital marketing has become the fastest growing industry in 2018-19. As per recent news reports, there is a demand of more than 1,50,000 digital marketing professionals in India.
Check out this detailed Article on Scope of Digital Marketing
If You're out of date with Your Digital marketing trends and news, Your limiting brand in both reach and reputation, Here are Some Digital marketing Trends for 2020.
Artificial Intelligence in 2020 may be the Year when a lot of people realize the true potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI). At now it's sure that Artificial Intelligence is not the part of many businesses and Industry, But till now it already taken over many other simple jobs and most of the big brands are using it now.
Image source - singlegrain
Artificial Intelligence can track a consumer to understand the behavior and search patterns of the consumer and use that Data for Businesses to understand how will the customer find their products and services with an estimated sales percentage.
Programmatic advertising enables brands or agencies to purchase ad impressions on publisher sites or apps within milliseconds through a sophisticated ecosystem. This automation is much more efficient and fast, which means higher conversions and lower customer acquisition costs.
Image Sources - Mdazhar.com
Programmatic advertising is the process of automating the buying and selling of ad inventory in real-time through an automated bidding system. Programmatic advertising is responsible for automating the process of buying and selling ad inventory in real-time through an Artificial Intelligence Tech automated bidding system.
This AI is changing the face of Digital Advertising, according to eMarketer, 86.2% of digital display ads in the U.S. will be programmatic by 2020.
Video marketing is one of the Key to Getting a Higher Engagement Rate and a jump in Conversion rate for Businesses. it is no longer an option for Brands and Businesses for marketing. If you want to grow and develop your business you must apply Video marketing in your strategy to keep your band trust and be competitive in the market. Nowadays when most of the businesses Shifting to online with a Website, these have also evolved to customized web designing sites for videos to display with text Content to improve engagement & conversion rate.
Here are the reasons why
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video
- 72% of businesses say that video has improved their conversion rate
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
Sources - singlegrain
when its about video how can we ignore Youtube, its a video marketing platform, which was created to enable people from across the globe to share videos with each other.
- Top video streaming platform in the world
- 1.5 Billion users every month.
- Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 2nd Largest search engine, where people search queries after Google.
- On average 80% of internet users below 50 watch YouTube videos every month.
- Every age group users are available on YouTube
- Content about any topic will be available on YouTube
Statistics Sources and a detailed article For - YouTube Marketing Strategy (2020)
Chatbots will continue to play an important in Substitute for Real-time conversation with a customer for digital marketing in 2020. This AI-based technology uses instant messaging to chat in real-time, 24/7, with your customers or site visitors.
The Survey shows that
- Chatbots will power 85% of customer service by 2020
- Top benefits of chatbots are 24-hour service (64%), instant responses to inquiries (55%), and answers to simple questions (55%)
- 63% of respondents prefer messaging an online chatbot to communicate with a business or brand
- By 2022, chatbots will help businesses save over $8 billion per annum
- 80% of businesses want chatbots by 2020
Good Content is Still & will be The King in Future.
Content marketing Still & will continue to be an essential component of digital marketing. The quality is always going to matter a lot now and then, In November 2019 when Google releases BERT Update which is designed to aid Google in its efforts to understand the natural language that people use in their search queries. Also includes advice from Google's John Mueller is that “rather than chase the latest SEO trends, it’s more important to ensure a site has fast speeds, useful links, and well-written content.”
In fact, content marketing is so important that 88% of B2B content marketers agree that creating content makes their audience view their organization as a credible and trusted resource.
Stats from HubSpot:
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing.
- 78% of companies have a team of one-to-three content specialists. (SEMrush, 2019)
- Web traffic is among the top two most-common measurements of success for content marketing strategies.
- The most common measurement of success for content marketing programs is Total Sales.
- 24% of marketers plan on increasing their investment in content marketing in 2020.
SEO has continuously Evolved and now it requires much more than a pice of Quality content to Rank. But SEO is Still a Good investment in 2020 and beyond for long terms because it is still one of the most potential Digital marketing strategies that drive long-term Results to brands and Businesses.
Stats from HubSpot:
- About 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization
- HubSpot was able to increase its number of monthly organic search views of existing blog posts that were optimized by an average of 106%.
- 49% of users say they use Google to discover or find a new item or product. (Think with Google, 2019)
- More than half (50.33%) of searches on Google now end without a click on a result.
- As of June 2019, 94% of internet searches happen on a Google property.
Nowadays Search engines are finally catching up what people want to search with voice and discover to Shop new products and services
In this trend, a huge part is played by Voice assistants by Apple ( Siri ) Google ( Google assistance ) Amazon ( Alexa ) and other smart devices for verbal interaction ( voice search ) by the customer for the tasks.
The increasing use of voice search has made it important for companies to rethink their digital marketing strategies in 2020.
Consider these numbers:
Stats from HubSpot:
- 65% of 25-49 year old’s speak to their voice-enabled devices at least once a day.
- OC&C estimates that $40 billion in the U.S. and $5 billion in the U.K. will be spent through voice commerce by 2022.
- Global smart speaker shipments grew by nearly 200% Y/Y in Q3 of 2018.
- As of 2020, 62% of Americans said they have used some kind of voice assistance technology.
- 62% of those in the U.S. age 12+ use voice-operated assistants.
The influencer has shown their growth in the last few years. as the numbers of followers, an influencer has that much reach will be of the business from Influencer Marketing Strategy
Brands connect with influencers to reach their target and wider Audiences. investing in influencer marketing is really much cheaper than some different marketing Strategy and gives the best results for the amount they paid.
Usually, most brands are interested in micro-influencers because micro-influencers has more conversation rate than a normal influencer with wider audiences.
Currently, Pinterest is Dominating the visual search and scans in the market but it is not the only one in the market presently. Google lens is a visual search engine by Google, the work of google Lens is to recognize objects and landmarks through a camera app.
Here's what you can do when you take a photo of the following items
- Apparel and home goods: Find similar products and where to buy them.
- Barcodes: Use a barcode to find info about a product, like where to buy it.
- Business card: Save the phone number or address to a contact.
- Book: Get a summary and read reviews.
- Event flyer or billboard: Add the event to your calendar.
- Landmark or building: See historical facts, hours of operation, and more.
- Painting in a museum: Read about the artist and learn more.
- Plant or animal: Learn about species and breeds.
So, there you have it - Hope you like this Answer.