Quickbooks printing problem(Check & Fix)
QuickBooks is a software developed by intuit for accounting purposes which is used in big as well as small industries.Along with the simplicity of this software as other software have bugs, QuickBooks also faces different types of Issues and Errors.One of these errors is when QuickBooks faces problems in printing. Sometimes QuickBooks faces printing problems and the solution to these problems are discussed in this blog below. There are many kinds of printers which are different from each other.You need to have the knowledge of different types of printer setup to fix the Quickbooks printing problems.
Causes of QuickBooks printing problems:
- QB faces issues connecting to the printer.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer is not connected with QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Software doesn’t save your form or reports as a .pdf because of damaged components.
- QuickBooks freezes while saving pdf for synching issues.
- QB freezes when printing due to unresponsive XPS port.
- Missing XPS Printer Driver.
- QuickBooks doesn’t print to a printer and QuickBooks print command routes to null.
- Because of communication issues QB also doesn’t print sometimes..
- Converter PDF Error 14982 50172 of QuickBooks.
- PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30 in QuickBooks
- Error 1722 or 1801 was neglected at the time of installation.
- Unrecoverable error with the code 15064 06798
- Cannot communicate with the company file.
- Missing QuickBooks PDF component needs repair.
- QuickBooks has Print host driver problems.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error can be a primary cause.
Things to check before troubleshooting:
If you want to troubleshoot the printing problems firstly check the following things:
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest update of Quickbooks.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the printer and you have installed the printer software on your system.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Printing Problems:
Step 1: Check your printer
- Open Notepad or Microsoft Word.
- Enter any text and choose the open file Menu and Select.
- Either print on the default printer or select any other from the drop-down menu.
- If the text is printed correctly then there is no problem with the printer drivers.
Read More: QuickBooks self employed login
Step 2: Fix the issues of printer
- Shut down your computer along with the printer.
- Make sure the interface cables are connected properly.
- Turn on your computer as well as printer on.
- Open the control panel of the window and select printer.
- Make your printer online by right-clicking and Select Use Printer Online.
- Cancel the existing print row by double clicking on the printer.
If the Test Page doesn’t print
- Connect the computer to another one.
- Download and update the latest printer drivers from the official website of that printer manufacturer.
- Connect your computer to another computer to check whether it's fine or not.
- If you face issues on the printer control panel then contact your printer manufacturer.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks print & repair tool
- Locate QBPrint.qbp file on the computer.
- You need to rename the file manually and change the prefix with any other word.
- On Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 the file location is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- Right click on the file and rename the file by choosing the rename option from the menu box.
- Open the company file in QuickBooks and there you will see a new qbprint.qbp which is created automatically.
- Open a transaction in which you are facing a problem and check if it works fine.
- You can also try to print from QuickBooks Sample company File to confirm if it was a problem with your company file.