Home Remedies for Hyperpigmentation That Will Help Treat pigmentation Completely in Natural Way. Find out more Research About Hyperpigmentation Its Causes and Symptoms
Nowadays skin diseases are becoming quite common due to various environmental factors. Skin pigmentation and dark spots over the skin is a severe problem seen in both the genders, especially more seen in females. This may be due to the variations in hormonal imbalance, continuous usage of cosmetic products like concealers, creams, or any other chemicals.
Any discoloration that is present on the skin can be termed as pigmentation. This is a completely harmless which happens due to excess melanin production. When this deposits over the skin it results in hyperpigmentation.
What causes Hyperpigmentation?
• UV rays remains as the biggest culprit that triggers over production of melanin. The damage caused due to these harmful rays cannot be visible immediately. This takes a long term to develop over the face.
• Any type of skin damage caused by injury (also known as post-inflammatory pigmentation)
• Hormonal variations during pregnancy
• Skin rashes
• Infections to the skin (such as acne)
• Melasma occurs commonly in people those taking contraceptives or subjected to the hormone replacement therapy.
• Hyperpigmentation can also be due to metabolic causes. The mainly noted complaints are deficiency like Vitamin B12 and folic acids.
• Intake of certain medicines for a long time can lead to gradual development of pigments. E.g.: Anti-inflammatory drugs, cytotoxic drugs, antimalarial drugs, and psychotropic drugs.
• If the skin is exposed continuously with chemicals like salicylic acid, bleomycin and cisplatin can lead to hyperpigmentation.
• Any underlying medical conditions like, Celiac disease, dermatitis, eczema, medullary cystic kidney diseases, some malignant conditions also promote hyperpigmentation.
Typically, hyperpigmentation occurs over the face.
• Brown patches on the skin
• Patches are symmetrical
• Patches usually appear on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and bridge of the nose. They may appear on the forearms and neck.
• Generally, the pigments appear after the inflammation or injury is healed.
• The lesions are usually black or light brown.
• The patches turn darker when exposed to the sunlight.
Home Remedies for Hyperpigmentation
1. The application of Manjishta root powder with milk over the hyperpigmented area gives excellent results. Manjishta is an ayurvedic drug that is proven to act wonderfully over the skin. It is the best blood detoxifier.
2. Take a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera. Cut into pieces and scrape out the pulp from it. Mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey and keep for 10minutes. After that apply the mixture over the face and let it dry for 30minutes. Wash the face with the lukewarm water. This should be regularly continued, at least thrice in a week.
3. Massage the face with Kumkumadi taila, and apply it evenly. The oil soothes the hyperpigmented skin and reduces the darkened spots.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of organic honey. Mix both the contents thoroughly and apply the mixture over the affected area. Leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Take 4-5 medium-sized licorice roots. Clean it properly and remove the dirt present. Add 2 cups of water in a pan and heat it. To this add the root and boil in medium flame for 10mins. Let the water cool down. Strain and store the liquid in a bottle. Use this mixture as a toner. Apply it twice daily for excellent results.
6. Take a fresh tomato and extract the juices. Apply it over the pigmented area and allow it to dry. Wash the face with lukewarm water and repeat this twice daily.
7. The properly sundried orange peel should be taken and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice is added to this. Mix the contents properly, add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and again make it to a uniform mixture. Apply this mixture over the affected area and leave it to dry. Wash off with lukewarm water.
8. Take a papaya and peel off the skin. Cut them into small pieces and crush it. Add 3 tablespoon of milk and 2 teaspoons of honey. Mix them thoroughly. Apply it over the face and leave it for about 30minutes. Rinse the face with luke warm water. This should be regularly continued for attaining the best results.