Cameo and The Future of Celebrity Engagement Platforms: Here’s What You Need to Know
‘It’s like Uber of fan mail,’ is what Sean Spicer, the former White House Secretary had to say about Cameo Clone. From the White House to Hollywood celebrities, the platform has become the talk of the Internet amid the COVID-19 lockdown situation. With celebrities stranded in their homes with no film shootings or shows, engagement with fans has become a major question mark. In today’s world, the bridge between celebrities and followers has turned fragile, with the former under intense pressure to stay on the latter’s radars.
However, celebrities aren’t taken for granted in this scenario. They can follow up with their authentic fans by providing personalized sessions or shootouts on requests, thereby monetizing their content. Be it Tony Hawk conducting ‘gender reveal’ for babies in personalized sessions for two-hundred dollars or Caitlyn Jenner wishing ‘Happy Birthday’ for twenty-five hundred dollars, the platform houses a wide range of celebrities. In fact, followers can engage with celebrities for as low as $15 as well.
Viewing from a distance, an entrepreneur with the right approach can turn Cameo Clone idea into a profitable business venture. So, what is the future of premium celebrity subscription apps? With celebrities monetizing their content, how can an entrepreneur earn consistent income? Explore more to find out.
The Accelerating Market of Celebrity Video-sharing Apps
Let’s look at how a celebrity video shout-out platform like Cameo benefits different stakeholders comprehensively.
- Followers: In today’s world, followers expect to know more about celebrities. Gaining access to engage with celebrities off-screen can pave the way for an authentic fan experience. Be it personalized sessions or shout-outs on birthdays or anniversaries, followers experience a sense of happiness by reaching out to their favorite stars. Besides, by paying a nominal fee, the follower gets to have one-on-one sessions as well.
- Celebrities: Maintaining a ‘star’ value is no easy feat. One needs to periodically entertain the audience and reach out to them on several possible occasions. But when platforms and followers are ready to pay followers for such activities, celebrities consider them as dual benefits — they get to collaborate or reach out to loyal fans and identify a consistent income-generating source.
Launched in 2017, Cameo houses nearly 20,000 celebrities, predominantly in and around the US, and followers have demanded more than 560,000 videos from the platform. According to a recent stat, Cameo currently fulfills 2000 video requests every day, garnering a massive $65 million valuation. Thus it is clear that the market provides vast scope for emerging entrepreneurs to gain an everlasting presence.
Multiple ways of monetization
An entrepreneur can reap revenue from numerous sources by introducing a platform that acts as a connecting link between celebrities and followers. Here are some monetization strategies to consider in a Cameo clone app.
- Commissions: Followers get to engage with their desired stars, and in the process of doing so, celebrities enjoy revenue. By bringing these different entities together, the platform owner receives a consistent commission. This way, for video shout-outs or personalized sessions, or PPV messaging, celebrities give up a fixed percentage of their payment as commission.
- In-app purchases: The concept of in-app purchases comes under the umbrella of freemium plans. For instance, followers pay a fixed fee to unlock chat/call functionality with celebrities. This way of revenue generation adds to your income tally as well.
- In-app ads: Advertisements are one of the easiest and efficient ways to generate a steady income source. By displaying third-party ad banners on the site, one can levy ad charges to respective brand owners based on views, clicks, impressions, etc., of these ads.
Roll out your app today
Developing an app like Cameo isn’t a strenuous task. All an entrepreneur needs to do is to collaborate with the right Cameo Clone app development. With clone apps gaining enhanced importance in today’s world, one can launch an app like Cameo within a matter of a few days. Some of the advantages of introducing clone apps include,
- Incredibly cost-effective
- Highly scalable
- Entirely customizable
With the digital medium becoming increasingly accessible, celebrity engagement apps like Cameo are the future. There cannot be an ideal time for entrepreneurs to storm into this emerging sector. Reach out to an app development company, and initiate your app development today.