In this article learn about how to gain backlink for shopify store
Over time, gaining higher ranks in Google search results has become harder and harder. But at the same time, the importance to gain Backlinks for Shopify Store has been consistent.
Here in the following article, we are going to discuss
- What are backlinks?
- Why is Link Building Important for your eCommerce store?
- Types of Backlinks
- How to get the Backlinks for Shopify stores?
- Do’s and Don’t in Link Building for Shopify
Hence without wasting any more of your time here is our Ultimate Guide to Gain Backlinks for Shopify Store.
Image Source- unsplash
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are the “inbound links”, which means these are the incoming links that your site or Shopify store gain when someone links to your Shopify store.
It shows Google and other search engines that people are liking your content and hence, linking back to you.
Ultimately, Backlink becomes a tool through which you can improve SEO for eCommerce and gain authority in search results.
This directly results in higher ranking and more traffic on your Shopify Store. Overall all this ultimately helps in bringing you higher conversion rates and more sales on your eCommerce store.
Why is Link Building Important for your eCommerce Store?
Link Building for Shopify stores is a crucial part of its eCommerce SEO practice. You shall always remember that Google is a search engine, who makes decisions based on how people and other sites are treating your content in the first place.
If people like your store they would stay on it, indicating Google to rank you higher.
Similarly, if someone links back to you, and traffic starts coming from their site, Google sees it as a positive sign and increases your ranking accordingly.
Moreover, here are some more noticeable benefits of link building for Shopify Stores.
- Traffic coming through the backlinks have a lower bounce rate and higher conversion rates
- A backlink is an important practice through which you gain attention in your niche, as more people start sharing and talking about your content.
- You gain a continuous source of traffic that keeps your Shopify store sustainable on its own.
- It helps you gain credibility, improve SEO for eCommerce, and gains a higher ranking on your site.
- Backlinks for the Shopify store earn you higher SEO metrics (DA, PA, Alexa Rank, etc.) which further helps you gain attention from across the web for expanding your business.
Types of Backlink
Before we learn about how to get your Backlinks for Shopify Store, it is very important to know what are the types of backlinks that would help you actually.
Overall there are mainly two types of backlinks.
- No-follow Backlinks
- Do-follow Backlinks
No-follow links are types of backlinks that don't help you in gaining authority and don't act in the favor of boosting your rank. The only job they do is to gain traffic, which obviously is not bad at all for any eCommerce Store.
Do-follow backlinks are one of the prime types of backlinks, which not only brings you traffic but also, screams at Google to boost your ranking. These links help you to improve your page authority, domain authority, and generate credibility in Google's algorithm.
In this case, you might be all set to gain Do-follow backlinks for Shopify Store. But you may also note that, if you spam out only Do-follow links, it would be suspicious. Hence the only metrics that would increase is your spam score, which isn’t a good thing.
So make sure you have a balance of both types of backlinks to improve SEO for eCommerce and gain a higher ranking on your site.
How to get Backlinks for Shopify store
As easy or hard it may sound to you, there are mainly 4 eCommerce backlink strategies through which you can gain backlinks for Shopify stores.
Guest blogging is one of the most popular eCommerce backlink strategies, as along with the backlinks for the Shopify store, you also build a professional connection with another site.
But let us face it. It is not always a piece of cake to find the best site that has traffic, authority, and relevance to your site. In order to find the best guest blogging site, we highly recommend you using search extensions or the searching tricks we have shared below.
Search type 1: “Your Niche” + “Write For Us”
Search type 2: “Your niche” + “Accepting Guest post”
You can be specific, or use a broad niche depending on the options available on your product. Also, note to write an SEO-friendly and use your target keywords to gain links. It would help your Guest article to rank higher, and bring traffic to your site.
Have your Product Reviewed
Another tricky yet effective method to get a backlink is by reaching out to bloggers and influencers to review your product. This way along with the backlinks for Shopify Store, you would also be able to gain direct traffic, potential customer, and brand awareness at the same time.
To start with, you would need to find out the blogs and the influencers that are popular in your niche. Then send them your product and mail them to ask if they could review it and share it with their audience.
In addition, you can also add a direct contact number to make it easy for them to reach out to you and ask for any query.
Contact the Manufacturer
When you Start an eCommerce Business, Shopify is one of the largest eCommerce places where you are dealing with numerous manufacturers and wholesalers online. “Online” is a very specific term where we would like to draw your attention.
As you are already helping the manufacturer by selling their product, they would be happy to add a link to your site in their seller’s directory. Hence reaching out to them for your eCommerce backlink strategy is a great way to earn backlinks.
In case your manufacturer doesn’t have a directory on their site, you can request them to create one and add your link, or could offer them to write a blog in return for a link if they are interested in posting blogs about their products.
Create Multiple Content Formats to earn links
Surely blogs and products are two main sources of gaining backlinks for Shopify Store. But at the same time, they also aren’t the “only” ways. Some other forms of content that you can use for eCommerce backlink strategy are
- Ultimate Guides
- User manual
These are simple yet among the most memorable forms of content that people like to share. Due to this, the chances of you getting backlinks for Shopify stores increases, which ultimately helps to improve SEO for eCommerce.
Do’s and Don’t in Link Building for Shopify
Above we have discussed some of the best eCommerce backlink strategies to help you gain backlinks for Shopify Store. But before we see you off, here are a few very important Do’s and Don'ts that you must remember.
- Opt for relevant backlinks only. One Relevant backlink would be much more worth it than 20 irrelevant backlinks.
- A backlink on your focus or targeted keywords would help you gain higher rankings. Hence try to use your keywords, instead of “Click Here”, “learn more” or “Read more”
- Make sure that you offer quality content for the readers to read and bloggers to guest post as it would overall improve your site authority and relevance in Google Search results.
- Connect with different sites to get backlinks for Shopify stores, rather than getting all the links from one site.
- If possible, try placing your link somewhere above in your article rather than in the button section. The placement of the link is crucial. The links above in an article are much more valuable than the ones down below.
- Do not fall for buying bulk backlink as they are just spams and the backlinks that you might earn would just increase your spam score.
- Do not rush to boost your Domain Authority, rather remember that your eCommerce backlink strategy is a long-term continuous process and not a sprint.
- Don’t just rely on Do-follow links, but have a balance of both no-follow and do-follow links to improve SEO for eCommerce.
Also Read- Best Shopify apps for Increase Sales in 2021
Instagram - @pixelphant
Bio: Chetan Menaria is Partnership & Collaboration Manager at PixelPhant an eCommerce & Clipping path service provider. PixelPhant edit product images to make them look professional & eCommerce ready. Loves to learn new things every day, read something all the time, never miss the sunset & do Product Designing & Create content.