How To Change Password of Spectrum Router?
Spectrum Routers are known for exhibiting exceptional routing capabilities.Whether it's your home or small office, you can use a Spectrum Router to fulfill your both wired and wireless networking requirements. Instances might happen when you need to change WiFi name and password Spectrum Router so that you can enhance the security of your network. While the process of changing these details is simple, you need to carefully follow the recommended guidelines to avoid any mistakes. Read on to explore how you can make these changes and ensure a hassle-free online experience.
Stepwise Process To Change Password of Spectrum Router
Changing the password of a Spectrum Router requires you to know the default IP address of the router, the router username, and the default password. To start with the process of changing the password of Spectrum Router, first, connect the router to your computer either using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. Once these devices are connected properly, follow the series of steps mentioned below:
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the router login credentials into the required fields and press Enter. You will find the credentials at the back or bottom of the router.
- Once you are logged into the router management console, you might see the Spectrum modem blinking red. In such cases, restart the router and repeat the above steps.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Now, enter the new password in the required field and enter it again to confirm.
- Click on the “Apply” button at the bottom to save your changes.
- In case you want to change the Wi-Fi password of your Spectrum Router, click on the “Wireless Settings” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the new password is successfully set, you can re-enter the router management console using the new password. This allows you to make necessary changes to the router settings and fulfill your unique routing requirements. During the process of changing the password or while using the router, if the Spectrum modem online light flashing, restart the router by plugging out the power adapter from the electrical socket and waiting for about two minutes. However, if the problem persists, you can check for the connection between the router and your modem. Check if there is any physical damage (s) to the Ethernet cable. If yes, replace it immediately with a new one and check if the problem is resolved.