Do-it-yourself or professional carpet cleaning?
Carpet cleaning - methods and recommendations
The carpet is a symbol of home comfort. It imperceptibly brings warmth and comfort to the house, evokes feelings of calmness and tranquility. It is not surprising that humanity has been using carpets for several millennia. No matter how the fashion for home interiors changes, these woven products will always remain popular.
However, their acquisition is inextricably linked with the search for an answer to an important question: how to clean carpets. You will have to solve this problem constantly, because you are going to use the “soft treasure” for more than one year. The difficulty lies in the fact that the carpet collects dirt not only on the surface, but also at a deep level, from where it is difficult to get it by conventional means. Simple dry cleaning doesn't help. In the depths of the carpet, harmful bacteria and dust accumulations still remain. To get rid of them, you need to act more decisively.
You can clean the carpet yourself or entrust it to professional Carpet Cleaning . We will go into detail about each of these options.
We wash the carpet on our own
What not to do?
- Using hot water, the maximum temperature is 50 degrees, boiling water will hopelessly ruin a beautiful woven product - it will steam up the dirt, destroy the glue base or the pile itself, if it is made of natural materials.
- Use brushes that are too hard to damage the fibers.
Soak the carpet if you don't want mold to grow.
- Use powders and other crystalline substances - they are not only poorly washed out, but also scratch the pile.
Handle handmade carpets with special care, they are delicate and will not tolerate harsh scrubbing procedures.
For woolen and silk products, use special detergents and soft sponges. Better to double-check whether the chosen remedy is suitable 10 times than to ruin the carpet.
Wet carpet cleaning
If you decide to wash your carpet thoroughly, this will need to be done in several steps:
- Dry cleaning.
- Removing stains (if any).
- If everything is clear with the first stage (a simple vacuum cleaner to help), then the rest need to be dwelled on in detail.
Removing different types of stains
You must remember that fresh stains are much easier to remove than old ones. The longer they will eat into the pile, the more you will have to make an effort to fight them. If you find a stain, remove it immediately.
- A simple soap solution can easily handle coffee. If the stain is old, arm yourself with glycerin and soap.
- Blood should be washed off with cold water. Leave a wet cloth on the stain for 15 minutes. Then rub a little, it will come off.
- The dried paraffin is easier to clean off, and the remaining stains from it must be ironed with an iron through a sheet of paper.
The wine is washed off too. To do this, you need to use dishwashing detergent and vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio. Rub the stain alternately with a wet and dry cloth.
- Iodine is best removed with potato starch. To do this, you can use both a fresh vegetable, cut in half, or a powder.
If the stain is not removed the first time, you need to carry out the procedure in several stages. Tea stains are well removed by a mixture of glycerin and ammonia in a ratio of 4: 1. Once you've dry cleaned up any coarse debris and dust and removed the stains, you're ready to start your carpet cleaning Bradford
Modern producers offer a huge range of carpet detergents. It is easy to find the only you want amongst them. Even if you have a completely sensitive product, buying the right product will not be a hassle. You can take a product from such manufacturers as Cinderella, Vanish, Karcher, Amway or others. It is vital that it's far delicate and suitable on your type of carpet.
For moist cleansing of the product, you need to arm yourself with a tender sponge and a bucket of water. It is best to do that outside in sunny weather. We wet the carpet with detergent, easy and rinse, and so on several instances till the water is clear. The relaxation of the water will assist to cast off the same old mop. After that, we hang the product and look ahead to it to dry absolutely.
It is also vital to keep in mind the kind of carpet. In the bright sun, shades fade. If you are fearful of this, you then want to hold the product in a shaded location. It is essential that the rug is absolutely dry earlier than laying it in the room. Otherwise, mildew will start in it, and the odor within the room will now not be the maximum fine.
If the carpet changed into washed partly, then dry the damp areas properly with a hairdryer.
The carpet, which is nice to stroll on, is not best smooth, but additionally completely dry.