Selecting the right type of shovel tool will help you to avoid injuries, save time, and bolster efficiency for your garden works.
A shovel is one of the most important and popular garden tools. It is used for a variety of purposes. Selecting the right type of shovel tool will help you to avoid injuries, save time, and bolster efficiency. It will definitely help you to maintain your garden in a better way.
Different Types of Shovel
There is a large variety of shovels available in the stores and this can lead to confusion. The different shovels have widespread applications. In this blog, we will help you to find the right shovel by discussing the different types of shovels.
Here are some of the most common types of shovel:
- Round Point Shovel: This is a very common type of shovel. A strong blade is a striking characteristic of this type of soil. The strong pointed blade can be used to cut through any type of soils. Round Point Shovels are mostly used for digging.
- Square Point Shovel: This type of shovel is mainly used for moving or lifting heavy materials. The square point is its biggest USP. The square point is very handy when it comes to dealing with smooth soil. This is why this type of shovel is preferred in different landscape projects.
- Trenching or Irrigation Shovel: This type of shovel has a square and narrow blade which is used for making a deep hole without causing troubles to the nearby plants. Trenching Shovel is mostly used for removing or transplanting plants. It is also used for digging in various irrigation processes.
- Drain Shovel: Just like a trenching or irrigation shovel, a drain shovel also consists of a narrow blade backed with a round tip. It is used for clearing trenches and transporting plants.
- Scoop Shovel: This shovel is also used for lifting materials. It has flat tips with concave blades that increase its efficiency.
- Scraper: This type of shovel has a significantly smaller blade accompanied with flat tips. A scraper is used for removing weeds from the garden or to clean a lawn. A scraper is also a very good substitute for an edger.
- Trowel: There is no denying the fact that a trowel is one of the most common tools when it comes to garden maintenance. A typical shovel comes with a pointed tip and a small blade which plays a key part in the transportation of plants and soil.
- Garden Shovel: This is a complete tool which is used for a variety of purpose. It comprises of a round blade and a pointed tip. It is mostly used for digging, lifting, transplanting and a different variety of garden tasks.
What Type of Shovels Do You need?
Choosing the right shovel for garden work is very important. Here are some general tips:
- Use a trowel for smaller and precise tasks.
- Use a round point shovel for bigger tasks.
- Use a drain shovel for digging holes in the garden.
- Use a square point shovel for lifting materials.
- For general tasks, use hand trowels.
As we discussed, the type of shovel we need is directly determined by the nature of work. You can visit e-commerce websites such as Amazon to find the right shovel. These platforms consist of different types of shovel tools catering to different types of demands.
India has a large market for shovel tools, both commercially and in the household. Leading manufacturers make the highest quality raw materials and they can easily last for a long time, even with minimum maintenance. So, when purchasing a garden tool by online or offline, you should opt for tools manufactured by big brands. These will be more helpful for your time spend as well as the quality of the products.