From 3D lettering to illuminated 3D business signs and branding, here is all you need to know about how 3D printing in Australia is transforming the signage industry.
Your wish to make your business stand out from the rest of the crowd may just have an answer in the form of 3D printing in Australia. Also known as additive manufacturing, this cost-effective technology that is also much less time-consuming than your conventional print and manufacturing technologies, adds the oomph factor to your branding.
Manufacturing of Signage: Technologies and Materials
3D printing designs for the signage industry can be obtained by way of a number of useful materials such as:
- Acrylic Cutting: Made out of Plexiglas, a glossy type of plastic, acrylic signs give off a refined and high-tech appearance. However, they are not ideally suited for outdoor exposure for long durations of time as they can bend due to prolonged exposure to sunlight. Acrylic is also prone to scratches and therefore needs to be handled with extreme care.
- CNC Machining: This technique facilitates the production of dimensional signage, aluminium letters and print-to-cut graphics. CNC machining can be used to manufacture signage in a number of materials such as acrylic, foam, brass, plastic, PVC, and even wood, besides aluminium.
- 3D Printing: The use of 3D printing services in the signage industry has resulted in versatility and flexibility for brands and manufacturers as 3D signs can be created using a number of different materials. They can also be illuminated in innovative and attractive ways a number of innovative ways that make a strong case for high impact marketing for your company.
Post Processing Techniques for 3D Printed Signs
- Painted 3D Signs: Standard model-making paints (e.g. Revell) work great with polyamide (SLS), mammoth resin, standard resin, grey resin and high-detail resin. Both acrylic and water-based paints work as well, but several layers may be needed.
- Chrome Plated 3D Letters: Chrome plating 3D letters printed on stainless steel or brass and customizing them for business promotion and product advertisement is one of the most sought after marketing strategies for companies.
- Backlit 3D Signs: These work well both in the outdoors as well as indoors, any time of the day. Create a focus on your company logo/ sign with a backlight that produces a halo effect that is at once aesthetic as well as does the job of wooing prospective clients and customers to your business.
- Custom 3D Printed Signs: Nowadays, most 3D printing services in Melbourne or elsewhere facilitate the printing of custom promotional material for businesses. The latter can choose their own style, colours, and materials for their respective business sign, and the print service simply helps to make this vision into a reality!
Examples of 3D Printing Applications in the Signage Industry
- Reception Signage: As the name suggests, these signs are your way of making a big first impression on your clients. Create vibrant signs and brand logos in high resolution and highlight your USPs immediately to the onlookers.
- Channel Letters: This is the numero uno as a choice for 3D printed signs for businesses, be it a public billboard or a banner for a commercial space or even at business symposia or exhibitions. Created using metal or plastic, and usually illuminated internally, custom 3D printed letters help to save businesses a lot of time as well as money. You can even consider it as part of your store décor.
There are several other applications of 3D printed signs that may be used in boxes, advertisement brochure holders, promotional signs and easels, restaurant menu boards, tradeshow exhibits, retail signs, directional and informational signs, showroom and office building signage and so on.
The biggest advantage of 3D printed signs for businesses is that they are simple yet extremely effective, not to mention smart that makes it attractive to the new-age consumer. Put up your indoor business signs in lobbies or next to elevators in 3D lettering: custom design outdoor signage, 3D props, and 3D display. Create 3D fabricated professional signage with 3D printing in Melbourne and put your business on the fast road to success!