Cook To Your Heart’s Delight With The Best Kitchen Chimney In India
A smoke-free hearth and a healthy heart make a hearty kitchen.
Indian cooking involves a lot of frying and grilling. While the splattering tadka with those spices and oils adds taste to the dish, it also leaves its mark on your kitchen tiles and ceiling.
Over a period of time, a thick layer of the impurities gets accumulated on the cabinets and other over-the-counter appliances. Sometimes, the particles of these masalas let out smoke causing watery eyes, cough, sneezes, irritation, etc.
More than cooking, it is the messy kitchen that is difficult to clean and discourages further to cook another sumptuous meal.
And this is where the best kitchen chimney in India comes into the picture. It sucks smoke and other impurities and makes your kitchen free from oil, smoke and odour. Modern kitchen chimney highlights and amp the style of your modular kitchen. But how do you choose the best kitchen chimney? Read the kitchen chimney buying guide to know.
How to choose the best kitchen chimney
Given below are listed some of the factors to be considered before buying the best chimney for Indian kitchen.
Types of kitchen chimney
The type of kitchen chimney you are planning to buy depends on the structure and modularity done in your kitchen.
It should be chosen based on the position of the cooking stove. Based on the place where the kitchen chimney can fit, they are divided into the following categories:
- Wall-mounted chimney - It is installed on one side of the wall with a cooking base adjacent to the wall.
- Island chimney - The island type chimney hung from the ceiling if the cooking base is in the middle of the kitchen, covering it entirely.
- Built-in chimney - It is integrated inside the kitchen wood and work against the wall.
- Corner chimney - It is fitted in the corner of the kitchen where the cooking base is located at corner against the wall.
Chimney filter types
It is the main component of a kitchen chimney. There are 3 main types of filters available in the market which are:
- Mesh/Cassette filter - It is made by overlapping layers of an aluminium mesh having tiny holes. As the air passes through it, the oil and grime are caught in the pores.
Chimneys with such type of filter require more maintenance than others.
- Baffle filter - Baffle filter is a flow control panel that is made of steel or aluminium materials to change the course of air.
Baffle filter requires cleaning once in every 2-3 months.
- Charcoal (carbon) filter - Charcoal filters have charcoal granules that remove odour from the smoke. It comes in combination with a baffle or mesh filter. The minute holes in the filter absorb the oil, heat and smoke particles.
They are not washable and you would’ve to replace this filter in every 3-6 months depending on the frequency of cooking.
Chimney suction power
It depends upon the size of your kitchen. A Chimney with a suction capacity of 500-600 m3/hour will work well in a small kitchen and that with a suction capacity of 700 – 1000 m3/hour for a large kitchen.
The size of your Chimney should be the same or bigger than the size of your cooking platform stove.
Kitchen chimney design
There are different types of designs available such as curved glass, box type, pyramid, straight line, straight glass and angular.
Auto-clean V/S normal
Auto clean chimneys are good oil collectors. They are easier to clean and lasts longer as compared to normal chimneys.
Go for the auto-clean feature while deciding the best kitchen chimney in India.
The minimum price range of a kitchen chimney starts from Rs. 2,000 and may vary further depending on the functionality, size, durability and features.
Check out for these smart features - buzzer, LED light indicator, push buttons, detachable oil collector, auto-heat sensor and auto-clean function to operate smartly.
Some of the best chimneys for Indian kitchen offered by the best chimney brand are:
- Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit
- Hindware Nadia 60 cm 1200 m³/hr Auto-Clean Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
- Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Filterless Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit
- Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Auto-Clean Chimney
- Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney
Now that you are well-versed with the factors one must consider before buying the best kitchen chimney; nothing should hold you back to strike the best deal. Make the best purchase decision with the help of this kitchen chimney buying guide and make your life more comfortable.
In case of any query or concern, visit K2 Appliances or write to us at email@example.com.