Marine fuel injection system: Insights, Statistics, Figures & Estimation
Marine fuel injection system is a management system for engines in marine applications like super boat, poker run, custom boat, NJBA, outboards, cargo vessel, tanker, containership, bulkers, etc. They consist of various components like fuel injector, fuel pump, fuel valves, electronic control unit (ECU), and fuel pressure regulators. These management systems help achieve quicker throttle response, precise regulation of exhaust system, enhanced fuel flow, and equal fuel distribution. The emergence of this market has addressed the regulation norms pertaining harmful emissions. Expansions and new product launches are the prominent strategies adopted by the key leading players in this market. Other features, which make marine fuel injection systems ideal for industrial use are that they provide, powerful acceleration, smooth idling, and reliability.
Marine fuel injection system market develops in parallel with development in boat & shipbuilding industry. Growth in international sea borne trade, increase in number of commercial vessels, introduction of electronic and methanol fuel injection systems, and stringent marine regulations owing to environmental concerns majorly drive the market. The fuel injector component accounts for the major share in marine fuel injection system market due to their limited life. Fuel injectors are exposed to high wear and tear and thus they are replaced at frequent intervals with an aim to maintain the injection pressure required in the marine engines.
Asia-Pacific is the leading region and is expected to register a substantial growth in this market as major shipbuilding countries like China, South Korea, Japan, and India belong to this region. The major challenge for the manufacturers is to provide different marine fuel injection systems for diverse regions due to different regulatory norms pertaining nitrogen oxide emissions and sulfur content. In addition, high capital requirement and huge chores of investments required for R&D purposes can restrain the growth of marine fuel injection system market.
The report segments the marine fuel injection system market on the basis of component, power rating, applications, and geography. On the basis of component, the market is segmented into fuel injector, fuel pump, fuel valves, electronic control unit (ECU), and others. Based on power rating, the market is divided into 0 HP2000 HP, 2,000 HP10,000 HP, 10,000 HP20,000 HP, 20,000 HP50,000 HP, 50,000 HP80,000 HP, and above 80,000 HP. According to the applications, the market is classified into commercial vessels, offshore support vessels, and inland waterways vessels. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Further advancements like advent of electronic and methanol fuel injections have further increased the scope of applications of marine fuel injection systems. In 2015, Walbro expanded its production facility located in Cass City, U.S. for multilayer fuel tanks production by 30,000 square foot to meet the increase in demand for fuel tanks. The facility now also offers integrated diesel and diesel exhaust fuel tanks in addition to the gasoline fuel tanks already being offered. In 2014, the Musso family and PM & Partners Group jointly acquired O.M.T. S.p.A, a key leader known for manufacturing marine fuel injection systems to strengthen their position in two strokes and four strokes engine market. Other engine management systems available in the market include Delphi Multec Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) by Delphi Corporation, which are used for management of gasoline and fuel powered flexible engines.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Caterpillar Inc. (U.S.), Cummins Inc. (U.S.), Delphi Automotive Plc.(U.S.), Denso Corporation (Japan) Liebherr International AG (Switzerland), MAN SE (Germany), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Rolls-Royce Holding PLC. (U.K.), Woodward, Inc. (U.S.), and Yanmar Co., Ltd (Germany) is also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which identifies the prevailing market opportunities.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the world marine fuel injection system market.
- Geographically, the world marine engine market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to understand competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the marine fuel injection system market is provided. For instance, stringent government regulations pertaining harmful emissions and growth & development in shipbuilding industry will drive this market.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within marine fuel injection system market is provided with key dynamic factors that helps understand the market behavior.
- Leading players within the marine fuel injection system market are profiled in this report and their key developments in recent years are listed down.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Component
- Fuel Injector
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Valves
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Others (Fuel Rail and Fuel Pressure Regulators)
- By Power Rating
- 0 HP2,000 HP
- 2,000 HP10,000 HP
- 10,000 HP20,000 HP
- 20,000 HP50,000 HP
- 50,000 HP80,000 HP
- Above 80,000 HP
- By Application
- Commercial Vessels
- Offshore Support Vessels
- Inland Waterways Vessels
- By Geography
- North America
- South Africa
- North America