Get to know how to merge PST files in Outlook 2010 into a single file using manual and automated method. Read the complete blog and learn the quick steps to combine two or multiple PST files.
Today, Outlook is the most widely used email client application for communication around the world. In addition, while upgrading from an older version to a newer version, users have multiple Outlook PST files that are not easily managed. If you are facing the same problem, you do not have to worry at all. In this blog, you’ll learn how users can easily manage multiple PST files via merge PST files in Outlook 2010.
Here we will explain the free manual approach to merge two PST files into one. We will also discuss the automated tool i.e. PST Merge Tool for the same. In the end, you can easily choose a solution that meets your needs.
Free Manual Steps to Merge PST Files in Outlook 2010
The manual method is divided into two parts because there is no direct way for merging Outlook .pst files.
First, you need to create a new PST file and, secondly, merge all existing .pst files by importing them into the newly created PST file. Follow these steps to complete this process:
Step 1: Make a New PST File
- In Outlook, go to the New Items and click More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Specify the location for the new PST file and provide a name for it.
- Now, you need to follow the second step to merge two Outlook data files together into one PST file.
Step 2: Import All Existing Outlook PSTs Into New One
- Click the File tab and select Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Import and Export Wizard will display, select “Import from another program or file” and click Next.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click the Next button.
- Browse to the .pst file you wish to import to merge PST files in Outlook 2016
- Under Options, choose “Do not import duplicates” and hit Next.
- Select the folder to import from and check the “Include subfolders”.
- Select “Import items into the same folder in” box.
- Hit the Finish button.
Note- The manual approach is best if you have 3 to 4 PST files to merge. If you want to combine multiple PST files into one, this process becomes time-consuming and tricky. So, it is better to opt for the automated method to get a quick and reliable solution.
Automated Solution to Merge Multiple PST Files in Outlook 2010
If the manual method does not merge PST files into one, or if you do not want to lose your important data, you need to opt for a PST Merge Tool. With this application, you can combine multiple Outlook data files into one without losing data information. This utility allows all types of PST files, such as archive files, password-protected files, network files, and active files, to be merged.
Both ANSI and UNICODE PST files are supported for the merge process. The tool offers three options- merge or join PST files with an existing PST, new PST or Outlook Profile. You can easily select any one option to combine multiple PST files into one.
Quick Steps to Merge PST Files in Outlook 2010
You need to follow the below-described steps to merge Outlook PST files as well as merge multiple PST files into 1 without the need for technical knowledge.
Step 1. Download and launch the PST Merge tool after that select the PST file.
Step 2. Select the option: Merge or Join as required.
Step 3. Select Merge PST files in New PST, Existing and Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Pick the data items you want to merge and click Next.
Advantages of Combining Multiple PST Files into One
It’s not that easy to manage or access multiple Outlook data files. Executing multiple files may result in data loss or data corruption issues. All over merging Outlook .pst files into a single one is the most successful way to resolve all these issues. Here are some benefits to merge PST files in Outlook 2010 into one file.
- The user can easily open and view the PST file without any trouble
- No issue of data corruption and misplaced issue while accessing the PST file
- Access PST files of multiple accounts in one place
- Can easily shareable to someone
- Helpful for migrating Outlook to another application
Merging multiple Outlook PST files is the best method to manage PST files and avoid data loss problems. Here, we have explained the free manual method to merge Outlook PST files into one. Also mentioned the automated solution to combine multiple PST files complete accuracy. You can download the free PST merge tool to check its efficiency. So, choose any of the methods and merge PST files in Outlook 2010 into a single file.