TurboTax is a unique tax preparation software that helps you file your state and federal tax returns in a very systematic manner and also has several features through which you can maximize your tax refunds.
TurboTax is a unique tax preparation software that helps you file your state and federal tax returns in a very systematic manner and also has several features through which you can maximize your tax refunds. There are different ways you can download and install the TurboTax software on your computer. Often the most common method is to go to a software store and but the TurboTax software CD and follow the installation steps. However, if your Windows 10 computer does not have a CD drive you will not be able to install the software. It is important to note that if you do not install the software correctly you will constantly receive errors whenever you use TurboTax software. If you encounter any installation errors while using TurboTax you can call the turbotax customer care phone number and ask for technical assistance. You can also read through the points mentioned below to see how to install TurboTax even if your computer does not have a CD drive.
Step to install TurboTax with the CD drive
It will help if you first know how to install the TurboTax software on your computer if it had a CD drive, this way you will be able to appreciate the differences between the two methods of installing TurboTax. You can refer to the steps below to install TurboTax software with a CD Drive:
- Step 1: Close all the background apps on your Windows 10 device
- Step 2: Temporarily disable the firewall and antivirus on your computer
- Step 3: Gently insert the TurboTax CD into the drive and run the software
- Step 4: If the installation process does not start, double click the setup.exe file.
- Step 5: Select ‘Ok’ to begin the installer and follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing TurboTax on your computer.
Users must note that if you want to file your state tax returns there is a separate state download and installation process that needs to be followed.
Steps to install TurboTax without CD Drive on Windows 10
There are two ways you can install TurboTax software without using the CD drive. One way is to use the ‘Contact us’ option on the website and the other way is to call the phone number given on the CD box. You can refer to the instructions below if you want to use the ‘Contact Us’ option:
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Contact us’ page on the official TurboTax website
- Step 2: Enter the details of the TurboTax product you purchased
- Step 3: Enter your info the given field and click ‘Get the phone number’
- Step 4: Make a note of the number along with the support ID
- Step 5: Call the number and explain the installation error to the specialist
- Step 6: Once the downloadable software made available on your TurboTax account you can simply sign in to ‘My Download’ to install TurboTax on your Windows 10 computer.
If you have any trouble implementing these steps you can call the turbotax customer support and speak to a certified expert to clarify the issue.
TurboTax software creating troubles while you are using the software on Mac? There can be many reasons due to which you have landed in this scenario. Firstly you need to identify the reason behind the issue. And if you find that the issue can be tackled by you alone, then you can implement the troubleshooting steps. But if, it requires an external help then take that by dialing the turbotax technical support phone number.