A piece of short information on Is Arya Samaj marriage valid without registration. Arya Samaj Marriage Registration is not required and the certificate given by Arya samaj mandir. It's a valid proof of marriage for newly wedded couples.
Arya Samaj temple is a great place to perform marriages without additional costs. Arya Samaj marriages are very simple to execute, and there are very straightforward rituals of the marriage. It is a choice for a couple who doesn’t want an extravagant marriage function and all.
In this article, we will look at what you need to get married in Arya Samaj temple and its registration process.
Let’s get started.
Eligibility of Arya Samaj Marriage
You must be eligible to get the marriage done in Arya Samaj temple, here is the list of eligibility.
- The bride and groom must be 18 and 21 years of age respectively
- To perform the marriage in the Arya Samaj temple, you must belong to the Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Buddha religions.
- If you are a Muslim, Christian, Parsi, or Jew, then you would have to go through a process called Shuddhi to convert to a follower of Arya Samaj beliefs. And then you would be able to perform the marriage with ease. You need to do the conversion process of your own goodwill and not by some force from certain individuals.
Arya Samaj Marriage Documents
You would need to produce certain documents to get married in Arya Samaj mandir. Here is the list of the documents needed for the Arya Samaj marriage.
- 4 copies of colored photographs each of both bride and groom
- You would also need proof of birth for both parties
- The bride and groom must have reached the age as mentioned above
- Two witnesses will also be needed to perform the marriage
- If one of the spouses is widowed or divorced, then they would need to produce the death certificate or divorce certificate as applicable.
- If one of the spouses has a foreign passport, then they would need a NOC certificate from the embassy and also a valid visa.
The procedure of Marriage in Arya Samaj Temple
First, you need to contact the Arya Samaj temple and book a date for the marriage. If the date is not available, then you will have to shift the marriage to a different date. Once, you’ve agreed to the date, purchase the items as per the requirements of the marriage and show up in the temple on the date.
Now, it will take around 2-4 hours for the completion of the marriage, and it is pretty straightforward.
Now, coming to the marriage registration for Arya Samaj wedding.
Well, to answer the question, Yes, Arya Samaj weddings are valid in India without registration. That is because Arya Samaj Marriages are recognized by the Indian constitution and comes under the Hindu Marriage Act.
Also, Arya Samaj temple provides a marriage certificate to the couple, which is valid all over the country. But if you want your marriage to be valid abroad, you would need to register the marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act in India.
So, you need to go and see a Marriage Registrar and then file for the registration process. And you would need the marriage certificate provided by Arya Samaj temple as proof to get the marriage registered there.