PPE is personal protective equipment reduce the possibility of virus entering into the body. Here's how top PPE manufacturer in USA can provide you tips to choose one.
In such difficult times that we all are facing protective equipment has become a necessity other than anything. The world is fighting Covid-19 that has moved us towards being more cautious towards our health. In this pandemic, with several curfews and lockdowns since last year, government has tried to make sure people are safe from contracting virus. But as we all know, moving out of the house once in a while is necessary and mostly for frontline workers who are out there every day helping patients recover as soon as possible. Whether doctors or general people, everybody needs to ensure they are protected before moving out. PPE kits have also become a very common and useful equipment to shield yourself from virus.
PPE is personal protective equipment that is used to cover a person from head to toe, and reduce the possibility of virus or germs entering into the body and creating infection. It should be used whenever you feel its necessity. You can easily contact top PPE manufacturer in USA to buy one. Let us explore some tips and benefits that will help you decide the usage of PPE better.
Components of a PPE Kit
- Eye Protection Gear: Eye protecting gear protects your eyes from germs and viruses. A wide variety of safety goggles are available in the market with PPE kits. UR protective goggles, broad frame goggles, overall protective goggles, and many more. They are chemical resistant, scratch resistant, and protect your eyes from touching any random thing or hands that are not well sanitized.
- Fall Protection Suit: The bodysuit is the most essential component of a PPE kit. There are different types of materials that are these coverall suits are made of. Non-woven and non-permeable material bodysuits provide maximum protection from germs. These bodysuits come with elastic bands at the back for good grip and different sizes.
- Foot Protection: PPE kits also provide boots that you can tuck inside your pants and ensure double protection of your foot from germs and viruses. If boots are not the option, one should essentially wear shoe covers that are usually made of the same material as the coverall.
- Hand Protection Gear: Hands are the body part that gets exposed to germs and viruses very easily and frequently. That makes the hand protection gear the most essential component of a bodysuit. There are different materials used for hand gloves that depends on your skin sensitivity. Latex gloves, plastic gloves, nitrile-coated gloves, heat-resistant gloves and more. These hand protection gears are disposable and is made for one time use only.
- Head Protection Gear: Mostly the bodysuits are designed in a way where it has a hood at the back to protect head. But for better protection, many frontline workers prefer wearing a head cap inside that hood.
- Face Protection: To eliminate the transfer of germs and viruses inside the body, there is double protection ensured for faces. Both face masks and shield if used together, minimizes the risk of infections and exposure to them. Mostly healthcare workers wear double shields to reduce the risk. You can choose from both reusable and disposable face masks and face shields. It prevents you from coming in contact directly with the infected source.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying PPE
- PPE bodysuits come in different sizes and materials. Considering your body type and capability, you must choose the right bodysuit whether disposable or reusable. It is important to feel comfortable moving in a bodysuit.
- Depending on your skin type and sensitivity, hand gloves must be chosen. It should be of correct size to ensure the gloves give a good grip to your hands and avoid any unnecessary space in PPE kit.
- While choosing face shields, make sure it fits your head just like a helmet. They are available in multiple sizes and are reusable.
- Whether reusable or disposable, face masks should fit your face properly. It is important that it covers your nose and mouth properly. You can add another layer of face mask if required for better protection.
- People who wear prescription glasses regularly need to make sure that they pick safety goggles of the right size, so that it provides enough space for your prescription glasses too and does not make you feel uncomfortable or unstable.
Price range for PPE kits vary from low to high depending on the material used in making and primarily the components that are added to it. Before putting on a PPE kit, sanitize your hands properly and clean the other exposed body parts well before wearing any of the component. Disposing the used PPE kit away is an important step in order to ensure that no body else comes in contact of the used PPE for germs transmission. Mostly, PPE kits come with a disposable bag where you can lock the used PPE and throw it away. To be extra cautious of your health, one must wear a PPE if necessary while stepping out.