Chiropractic and fitness fun for children
If you have children are you mindful of their posture and are you doing all you can whilst they are young to get them into good habits to avoid them growing into an adult with a bad posture? There are many things that you can do to improve their current posture and keep their spine in optimum health. Often children pick up bad habits from their parentsbecause they learn from example so trying to help them with their balance, strength and flexibility and setting good examples will help them and their future health. You are never to young or old to start chiropractic care. But have you ever thought about how young someone can start to see a chiropractor for care?
Well, the answer is straight from birth so that’s why you might see parents with their baby or young child in a waiting room of a chiropractic clinic.
If you would like to find out more about chiropractic care for childrenlook at this fantastic website where you will find information by chiropractors who love to see children and they specialise in that area here
What could you incorporate into every day living for your young child and how can you get them to engaged or be interested?
Here are a few nuggets of advice that a chiropractor would give you;
- Swap their school bag for a rucksack – as it’s carried over both shoulders it distributes the weight evenly and holds the bag close to the back
- Try to keep the bag as light as possible and remove unnecessary items
- Try to buy them soft soled shoes for good support and comfort
- Take regular exercise – lack of exercise is their worst enemy
- Limit their time on a computer and try to make sure that their back is supported properly.
There are some very good exercises that they can easily do and you can make it fun for them by joining in. Here is just a few that you could try;
- Twirling star – stand tall with arms stretched out shoulder height. Turn your head to look at one hand, slowly twist your entire spine to watch your hand as it goes behind you, relax at the end of the stretch and don’t forget to breathe in and out!
- Tilting star – spread the arms out as before and whilst breathing in stretch one arm over your head whilst sliding the other arm down the leg. Slowly tilt your star to the other side. Repeat twice.
- The eagle – put your arms straight out and pull your shoulders together at the back, breathe air in and slowly raise the arms until the hands touch together over the head. Breathe out and slowly lower the arms to the side. Repeat three to five times more.
- The rocker – stand with feet wider than the shoulders and gently rotate the body from side to side. Let the arms flop back and forth and shift weight from knee to knee. Keep going whilst you count to 15.
If reading this has got you interested in learning more why not look at here for more chiropractic advice, self-help and tips. These are only the tip of the iceberg!
Chiropractic care is very safe for young children asit involves very gentle adjustments of the spine that are especially modified for them and therefore will not cause them any harm. In fact, children tend to respond very well and often very quickly to chiropractic adjustments so the change in them can often be seen very quickly.
If you have any concerns about your child’s posture or their development or if you would just like to find out more visit here.