These are precisely the steps which are required to be followed while moving to UK from Australia. Some of these tasks you can do alone. For a few other tasks, you will need the help of one of the Australian international moving companies.
There are numerous reasons why someone would love to move to the United Kingdom. It could be higher studies or work or both; and even if we keep that aside, there really isn’t any reason not to desire to live in the UK. We completely get them who long for a life in the UK. Just think about the wondrous sight of the Buckingham Palace, the gorgeous English countryside, the happening shopping destinations- the island has so much to offer! And, fortunately, there are various international moving companies in Australia that can make your UK dreams come true. But, before you do that, there are a few things you need to know about the process of moving to UK from Australia. Let’s find out what are those things.
Necessary Documents and Applications:
While moving to the United Kingdom, Australian citizens must have these documents in their possession:
- For moving to UK from Australia, one must possess a valid passport.
- One must also have a visa. Possessing a visa is dependent on the reason for their moving to the UK.
- A skilled worker visa should be applied if one is moving to the UK to work as an employee.
- Similarly, if one is moving to the UK to pursue studies, then they would require to apply for a study visa, depending on their course duration.
Apart from the above-mentioned categories, there are several other kinds of visas one can apply for depending on the reason they are moving to the UK. Remember, your reasons for moving to the UK should be in accordance with the visa you apply for.
Guidelines for Moving to UK from Australia with Your Personal Belongings:
Although moving to the UK is fun for most parts, some may find moving their personal belongings to be quite cumbersome. And they are not wrong. Moving your personal stuff from one continent to another is a fairly complex task. However, there are certain items one isn’t permitted to bring into the UK and they might very well be seized at the UK Customs. Therefore, you must avoid bringing risky items such as expensive gemstones, sharp objects, rare or endangered species of plants, poisonous chemicals (which should be seized for pretty good reasons), etc. Be careful with what you bring into the UK if they want to avoid unnecessary chaos. You can take help of international moving companies for hassle-free shifting.
Steps to Move Your Car to the UK:
This is arguably one of the most important as well as tedious step for one while moving to the UK. Since a car is more or less a convenient necessity for most people, some may also want to bring their familiar vehicle to the UK while moving. In those cases, the below steps need to be followed:
- A certificate of Individual Vehicle Approval must be obtained from the importer or the manufacturer of the car.
- The VAT or any other preferred vehicle tax must be paid upfront.
- Motor insurance must be obtained from an approved UK provider based in the UK.
- The vehicle must be registered in the UK. Unregistered vehicles wouldn’t be allowed to be driven in the UK.
- The driving license needs to be transferred and a UK license should be acquired for avoiding any further complications.
One of the international moving companies based in Australia can help you get these formalities done.
Set-up of a Bank Account in the UK
Needless to say, if you are moving to the UK from Australia with the intent of living in the country, you would require a bank account. It is one of the fundamental activities when moving to the UK. Therefore, opening a bank account in the UK would also require some necessary information:
- A local address in your bank account must be stated. The address of a friend or a family member can also be used, if necessary.
- Sometimes it can be useful to enquire in your local Aussie banks if there is any reciprocal relationship with UK banks for quick and easy fund transfer.
- Opening an account in the UK is usually free.
These are precisely the steps which are required to be followed while moving to UK from Australia. Some of these tasks you can do alone. For a few other tasks, you will need the help of one of the Australian international moving companies. Search for a reliable one on the internet and start planning your shifting.