1. HP Printer Printhead Needs to be Replaced or Freshly Installed
The other method of troubleshooting HP Printer is not printing issue is related to Printhead. It is a principal factor in the printing process as it technically puts ink to paper to create a presentable text.
Clean the printhead by following the below-stated steps:
- Go to the start button and search for “Control Panel” and then click on “Drivers and printers”
- On the next page look for your printing system icon, right-click on the same and select “Properties”
- On the new window that appears click on the “Hardware” option and then click on “Clean Ink ” on the subsequent window.
Follow the prompt onscreen instructions to clean the printhead and perform a printing check thereafter.
2. Enable Printer Color Command to Resolve HP Printer Color Not Printing Issue:
Check for the default commands that your HP printer has been following. Thereafter enable the colour option if disabled to resolve the ‘HP printer colour not printing’ issue efficiently.
Follow these simple steps to perform this task.
- On the start” option select “Settings”.
- From the settings menu click on “Printers”.
- Right, click on your printing system icon and select “Properties”.
- From the properties page click “Printing preferences”
- Thereafter click the “Paper/Quality “tab and select “Color”. Click “OK” and exit from the page.
- Now perform a print test and receive a coloured print of your choice.
- Alternatively, you can solve the coloured printing issue by checking that the “Greyscale “printing option from the “Printing preferences” of HP envy printer not printing colour of your printer icon is disabled.
3. HP Printer Cartridge Falling Short of Ink Error
Amongst the many reasons for HP printer to stop printing coloured text, the most common reason could be cartridge running short of ink. Hence before running to a conclusion for ‘HP printer colour not printing issue’, do the visual inspection and replace the ink cartridge if required.
Follow these steps to perform visual checking and cartridge replacement:
- Open the front cover of the printer carefully and check for the ink content. If the ink is on the verge of finish, install a new cartridge.
- If you find the cartridge full but still your HP printer colour not printing correctly, then your next step is to check the ink’s expiry date as an expired ink tends to dry up and form a thicket making its use problematic.
- In the case where the cartridge is past the expiry date, install a new one to progress with the printing task to resolve the HP Envy printer, not printing colour.
The answer to your question of “Why my HP printer is not printing on paper” has been provided with a solution in this article. . Now, you have understood the most common reasons for this issue. Hence make sure you check and implement all the solutions step by step to solve your problem of ‘why my HP printer colour not printing’ error. Moreover, this writeup should be able to assist you in solving your printer error but still if you feel any complications then feel free to contact us on our helpline number provided on screen.
Source URL: HP Printer is Not Printing