Even a small accounting error or software glitch can harm your business and cause you to lose a lot of money.
Even a small accounting error or software glitch can harm your business and cause you to lose a lot of money. If you make a mistake while writing a check, you can cancel it on QuickBooks before it is processed. This blog will give you an overview of the steps you need to follow when voiding a check in QuickBooks. Additionally, if you are looking for a more detailed guide, you can call the QuickBooks tech support number and speak to a professional software expert to fix the error.
To avoid any mistake while accounting your finances in QuickBooks, you can void a check before finalizing the transaction. Because the check that is void remains with the registry, but the amount culminates to zero. In order to void a check using QuickBooks, you can visit our online portal and follow the troubleshooting steps. And in case you are unable to do it, then you can get in touch with our expert techies on the QuickBooks helpline number. They are trained and qualified for all your queries and give you the perfect solution.
Steps to follow to void a check within QuickBooks
If you need to void a check that was already recorded in QuickBooks Online, you will need to visit the ‘Check’ page to review the details of the transaction. You can follow the instructions given below to void a check in QuickBooks:
• Step 1: Select the ‘Banking’ option and open the register
• Step 2: Choose the bank account from where the check was written
• Step 3: Look for the check number or transaction you need to void
• Step 4: Open the edit options and click ‘Void Check.’
• Step 5: Follow the steps to update your company journal and select ‘Record.’
Steps to void a Paper Check within QuickBooks
In case you need to void a paper check because of a written mistake, you will need to go to the ‘Write Checks’ section and make the changes. Refer to the steps given below to void a paper check in QuickBooks:
• Step 1: Open the Banking section and click ‘Write Checks.’
• Step 2: Go to ‘Expenses’ and select the account you need to edit.
• Step 3: Enter the check number in the given field and select the date
• Step 4: In the ‘$’ section, you can enter ‘0.00’ and then enter a payee name.
• Step 5: Open the edit options and click ‘Void Check.’
• Step 6: Update the journal with the date you are voiding by clicking ‘Yes.’
• Step 7: If you do not want to update your company’s journal click ‘No.’
Who doesn’t make mistakes and that too in accounting software? As there are endless entries, it’s common to miss out on a few or update a few wrong ones. And in such cases, it is better to use QuickBooks to void a check before the transaction is finalized. In order to void a check using the excellent QuickBooks Software, you can get to its online portal and go to expenses and select a filter. Then in the expense transaction field, choose the check you want to get void and click on apply. Then select more and click on void from the pop-up menu. Finally, click on “YES.” In case you find these steps confusing, you can anytime get in touch with expert professionals on the QuickBooks customer care number and ask for further assistance.
In case you encounter any errors while completing the steps given in this blog, you can call the QuickBooks helpline number and ask for help. Software experts and professional technicians are available 24 hours a day to give advanced solutions to resolve any error related to your QuickBooks accounting software.
Read More:- QuickBooks technical support
Source URL: How to void a check in QuickBooks