Microsoft Outlook is of no use if it's miles unable to connect with its Exchange server
Outlook Cannot Connect to Server. How to Fix it?
Microsoft Outlook is of no use if it's miles unable to connect with its Exchange server. While in some case the workaround to restore the problem can be as simple as final and restarting the Outlook application, however, every so often the difficulty can be trickier and may require you to try couple of workarounds in order to triumph over the hassle. Outlook Email Not Working You can locate the information approximately these workarounds below.
Guide to Fix “Outlook Cannot Connect to Server” Error?
Below are the step-via-step commands that you can use a good way to fast restoration the connectivity issue of your Outlook email application to server. The commands are clean to comply with and are as follows.
Uncheck Offline Mode
One of the maximum commonplace reasons behind the connectivity problem of Outlook to the Server is that that you are operating in offline mode. If you are the usage of Microsoft Outlook 2007 or earlier, you'll need to click on on the File menu. If you notice a take a look at mark next to Work Offline option, you'll need to deselect the checkbox next to it. Outlook Customer Service Phone Number After that, you could effortlessly access Outlook for wearing out your desired task.
- On the other hand, if you are the usage of Microsoft Outlook 2010 or higher, you will want to follow those steps:
- On your Outlook e-mail program, you will need to click on on the Send/Receive tab.
- Next, you will need to discover the Work Offline option.
- Once you locate it, you may need to click on at the Offline button.
- Then, if you may see at the bottom of your Outlook window, you will see “Trying to Connect.. ” If it connects successfully, your hassle is resolved; if not, flow on to the following solution.
2. Restart Your Outlook Email Program?
Sometimes restarting your Outlook e mail program will let you set up its connection with the server. So, strive fixing the problem with the aid of restarting your MS Outlook software. How to Sync Outlook Contacts with iPhone without iTunes However if that fails, restart your laptop. I can't inform you how generally I've visible Outlook connectivity problems resolve with a simple restart. The difficulty may be resulting from the pc having connectivity problems. If you open your web browser and cannot reach a website or inner resources, that's maximum probably the trouble.
If Outlook still can't join and you cannot reach any web sites or internal resources, contact your IT branch because you have got a networking difficulty. Once this is solved, Outlook might be fine How to Set up Outlook Email Account on iPhone.
SEE: Cost assessment calculator: G Suite vs. Office 365 (Tech Pro Research)
3. Rebuild your Outlook Email Program
If you don’t know How to Recover Outlook Password Outlook can use two types of facts documents (.Pst and .Ost), and both are susceptible to errors that can motive connectivity issues. Here's how I manage this:
- Close Outlook.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Locate the Mail icon (depending on how Windows Explorer is about up, you might need to click on the Users section to discover the Mail icon).
- In the resulting window, click Data Files.
- Select your information record from the listing and click on Open File Location (Figure A).
- Locate the statistics file in question (it will probable have the same call as your email address).
- If the document has the extension .Ost, rename the extension to .OLD. If the report has the extension .Pst, do nothing at this time.
- Close these windows and open Outlook.
- This window will list all statistics documents in use with Outlook.
NOTE: You need which will see document extensions so one can recognize if your information record is a .Pst or .Ost. Microsoft Account Not Working This is handled thru Windows Explorer settings.
- If your records record is a .Pst, comply with those steps to run Scanpst on the report:
- Close Outlook and browse to this sort of locations:
- If you use Outlook 2019 - C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficerootOffice16
- If you use Outlook 2016 - C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficerootOffice16
- If you use Outlook 2013 - C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice15
- If you operate Outlook 2010 - C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14
- If you operate Outlook 2007 - C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice12
Once interior that folder, comply with these steps:
- Double-click on at the SCANPST.EXE report.
- From the ensuing window, click Browse (Figure B).
- Locate your .Pst record.
- Click Start.
If you've got run Scanpst on your statistics document earlier than, the area will already be in the field.
Scanpst will run eight passes over the information document; relying on the dimensions of your facts report, this could take quite awhile. If Scanpst finds errors in the facts document, it will prompt you to click the Repair button. You ought to also take a look at the container for Make Backup Of Scanned File Before Repairing in case something is going awry.
After the repair is complete, near Scanpst and re-open MS Outlook. If Outlook still cannot connect, flow on to the following tip.
4. Repair install
You can run a restore set up of Microsoft Office; this will solve issues that popular fixes can't repair. To do this, observe these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Locate the entry to your Microsoft Office set up and select it.
- Click Change.
- Select Repair from the resulting window.
- Click Continue.
- Allow the repair to complete.
- Reboot your laptop.
- After your computer has rebooted, start Outlook and hope for the best.
5. Recreate your profile
When all else fails, you may recreate your MS Outlook profile. I choose to create a new profile (without deleting the old one)--simply in case. In order to recreate your profile, you need to recognize your account setting, so you have to have that facts earlier than you begin. Here's a way to create a new profile:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Mail.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Click Add (Figure C).
- Give the profile a call.
- Walk thru the Outlook account setup wizard.
- Once the profile is understood to work, you will either want to set that profile up because the default or delete the antique profile.
So, those are the distinctive workaround that you can comply with in order to overcome the connectivity problem of your Outlook e-mail software with a server.