Type 2 Diabetes
In 2020, according to the International Diabetes federation (IDF),India has an estimated 77 million people with diabetes, which makes it the second most affected in the world, after China.
Have you been diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes, don’t feel overwhelmed or confused.
Healthy lifestyle changes and following Endocrinologists instructions may help you to manage diabetes or sometimes even reverse if you have been diagnosed with prediabetes.
Without ongoing, careful management, diabetes in you can lead to buildup of sugars in the blood, which can increase the risk of dangerous complications including stroke and heart disease.
Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus, commonly known as diabetes, is a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar. Diabetes is due to, either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced which results in increasing blood sugar level.
Common Causes of type 2 diabetes include:
These factors might be one of the cause you have encountered diabetes
● Being overweight
● A family history of diabetes
● A history of High Blood Pressure
● Having a high -density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol level lower than 40 mg/dL or 50 mg/dL
● Having gestational diabetes or giving birth to a child with birth weight of more than 4 Kilograms
● A history of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
● Having sedentary lifestyle
● Being more than 45 years of age Symptoms
Have you experienced any of these symptoms: Increased thirst, frequent urination, hunger, fatigue, blurred vision, having numb or tingling hands & feet.
First and foremost thing: Don’t get Panic, Being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is not your fault.
Good news is, there are ways you can manage your diabetes—through diet, exercise, medical support and emotional help. Dig in. Take action.
Ways to Manage Type2 Diabetes
● Take small steps to change your habits
Healthy lifestyle choices can help you to manage type 2 diabetes. If you've received a diagnosis of prediabetes, lifestyle changes may slow or stop the progression to diabetes.
A healthy lifestyle includes:
Eating healthy foods.
Choose foods lower in fat and calories and higher in fiber. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Aim for 150 or more minutes a week of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity, such as a brisk walk, bicycling, running or swimming.
Losing a modest amount of weight and keeping it off can delay the progression from prediabetes to type 2 diabetes. If you have prediabetes, losing 7% to 10% of your body weight can reduce the risk of diabetes.
Avoiding inactivity for long periods.
- Sitting still for long periods can increase your risk of type 2 diabetes. Try to get up every 30 minutes and move around for at least a few minutes.
- See a Specialist
An endocrinologist is going to make sure you’re getting the right doses of insulin. Don’t feel overwhelmed, Not all patients diagnosed with type -2 diabetes need insulin shots everyday, Doctor may prescribe oral medications based on your blood sugar levels.
Foremost thing is, do the tests whatever doctor is asking you to do. It helps them to take appropriate action.
Why Online Diabetology consultations becoming trendy now?
● Talk to a diabetes specialist online comfort from your home.
● No travel
● Zero wait time
● No waiting in queues
● Selecting doctors based on Language preference
● Blood samples are collected from home & reports are shared through email/SMS ● Easy follow up with your favourite doctors
● Ease of Interoperability between departments is the key thing in online consultations. Easily you can meet other department doctors online
● Convenient booking & affordable charges An online diabetologists is going to help you evaluate what you eat, and measure that up against your blood sugar.
An online diabetes educator is going to teach you the ins and outs of checking your blood sugar, logging your outcomes, and give you the tools to live day to day.
They may recommend a dietician to you to get counselling & guidance of what nutrients you have to take, how much to take & within how much duration you should take. Dietician may give customised appropriate diet to you.
An online diabetologists is helpful for additional education, they will suggest you to meet other department doctors online based upon your health conditions if needed and they also had a thorough understanding of what we people needed help with and answers to.
Talk to a diabetologist online
There are top leading and cost effective consultation platform where you can find a doctor as per department/language preference /city, can view doctor’s profile and book online consultation (time and date as per your convenience).
Call & Cure is best for Online diabetology consultation
Our diabetologist online are fully qualified doctors with MBBS, MD with Post graduation in diabetology.
We have given 1000+ consultations for diabetology & many repeated customers. Consult our online diabetologists today our experts will customize your diabetes care schedule, including your personal goals and targets.
Remember, millions of people live healthy lives with type 2 diabetes. The important thing is feel free to share your feelings with us and don’t feel shame in asking for help. Reaching out is key to living a vital life with type 2.