Learn how to reset your password once you get back into your account. Try to recover your Facebook account in just 13 easy steps.
Humans are known to make mistakes and forgetting passwords is one of them. People tend to forget their Facebook password for several reasons but this can be quite scary as it has all their personal info. So in case you are not able to recover it, everything will be gone in one moment. Hence, it is always recommended to keep your passwords safe and avoid the risk of forgetting them. You can use a password manager for that purpose if you have so many of them to handle.
If it is about Facebook, there can be several scenarios where you will need to recover the password. Imagine one such scenario where you are logged into your Facebook account through your mobile device and you didn’t get the chance to log in for a long time; this can easily make you forget about the password. So in case you get logged out of your mobile device, you will not be able to access the account without entering the password. Another scenario can be where someone else has changed the password of your FB account.
Fortunately, the process to recover Facebook password is quite easy if you have added recovery information to your Facebook account while you created it or maybe later on.
Steps to recover Facebook password
- Begin by navigating to the Facebook’s login page i.e. www.facebook.com.
- Now, as you are sure of not remembering the correct password, without wasting any further, click on the option ‘Forgotten account?’ given under the ‘Password’ field.
- After landing on the ‘Reset your Password’ page, click on ‘Continue’ if you remember the email address or phone number.
- Select one of the options to receive the code and then open the email or text to get the code sent by Facebook. By simply entering the code or following the reset directions, you will be able to recover or reset your Facebook password.
- If you don’t have access to the information, click on ‘No longer have access to these’ and then you will be directed to Facebook’s ‘Find your account’ page.
- Enter your username, name, or nickname and click on ‘Search’ and a list of matching names will appear. Click on the option ‘This is your account’ next to your account and follow the provided directions to reset the password.
- If you don’t find your account, click on ‘I am not on this list’, and then on the next screen, you will be asked to enter the full name of one of your Facebook friends so that it becomes easier to locate your profile out of so many.
- After entering the name of your friend, click on ‘Search’; now if you got to see your account, click on ‘This is my account’ and thereafter go with the directions to set a new password.
- Again, if you were unlucky to find your account in the list, click on ‘I am not in this list’.
- You will next land on the ‘How we can reach you’ page where you will need to enter an email address or phone number that you can easily access and click on ‘Continue’.
- Also, if you have set up Trusted Contacts for your Facebook account, click on the option ‘Reveal my Trusted Contacts’ and type the name that you have set as your trusted contact on Facebook.
- On moving further, you will find some more instructions including a recovery code link. You have to send the link to each of your trusted contacts and ask them to tell you the code that they receive. Make sure to converse with your friends over the phone about this as they can be sure of you actually are in need of their help.
- Enter each code in their designated place and click on ‘Continue’.
That was the process you need to follow to recover your Facebook password. However, not everyone has to follow the entire process as there are levels involved. So if you are able to clear the first level, you will be allowed to reset your password there and then.
Facebook always keeps on tightening their security in order to keep a tab on the hacking incidents. So you must make sure that you are not doing anything that can put your account at risk or get it disabled from Facebook as in some cases FB don’t let you recover your account in case you have violated any severe regulation or have acted in a way that you should haven’t.
Facebook locks such accounts forever that aren’t able to produce the required proofs or are not able to access their recovery phone number or email address. So it is always better to keep the information updated as that calls for the easiest method to get your FB account back whenever in need.