Butterscotch cake is one of the best yummiest cakes with a distinct flavour. Have you ever imagined backing this at home? Then here it is a very easy way to make a butterscotch cake recipe.
Butterscotch cake is one of the best yummiest cakes with a distinct flavour. Have you ever imagined backing this at home? Then here it is a very easy way to make a butterscotch cake recipe. Instead of order butterscotch cake online you can try these recipes at your home.
Butterscotch Fruit cake
This is a traditional cake with sour cream and brown sugar. This is one of the healthiest cakes. You can buy butterscotch cake online for a different flavour or you can try this butterscotch cake online recipe
- Sugar- The best flavour of this cake comes from brown sugar. You can also use white sugar of 2tbsp.
- Fruit- You can use any type of fruits like black currant, raisins and cranberries. You can use this depending on your need.
- Eggs- Eggs of 70 gram in weight or 2 eggs for 7 to the 8-inch cake.
- Spices- You can use Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg as a spice mix. You can also use pumpkin seeds for toppings.
- Sour Cream: This adds a soft crumb to the cake.
Steps for preparing
- Prepare the oven by preheating.
- Grease the pan with butter paper or dust with a flour of ring pan or square pan.
Prepare dry ingredients
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and powder and the mentioned spices in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the dried fruits.
- Add a tablespoon full of flour into the dried fruits.
- As the fruits should coat into the flour.
- Toss the flour with Resins, dates, blackberries, fruit totty without any big lumps.
Mix the creamy butter with brown sugar until it becomes fluffy. Then add eggs until they mix well and get incorporated. Next, add the sour cream and flour with vanilla essence. Beat the mixture until it becomes like light batter. Vanilla essence adds flavour and smell to the cake.
Pour the batter into the cake pan. Before pouring the batter check whether it’s greased with flour or butter paper. Sprinkle some almonds, cashews on the top. Bake this batter in a preheated oven. Check it after 30 minutes with a skewer. Insert the skewer into the cake at the centre. When it comes clean it’s time to take the cake out. After taking it out from the oven leave it cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Then invert the pan on to the plate. Then you can dust it with confectioners’ sugar. You add butterscotch sauce over it with pumpkin seeds. Now you can enjoy the butterscotch Fruit cake. Always measure the ingredients properly. Do not over bake the cake as fruits get spoiled.
Butterscotch Fresh cream cake
This is a cake with fresh cream and a yummy flavour. Butterscotch cakes are healthier cake as these cakes are made up of brown sugar and it has a delicious flavour.
All-Purpose Flour or Maida -3/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tbsp.
Eggs for binding – 2
Oil or butter – 1/4 cup
Butterscotch or Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp.
Sugar – 3/4 cups
Peanuts or cashews – 3/4 cup
Fresh Cream for creamy texture – 2 cup
Icing Sugar – 3 tbsp
Butterscotch Essence – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Butterscotch Essence – 1 tbsp
Always before baking, preheat the oven and always keep the pan greased with flour or butter paper. This allows the cake not to stick. Take the bowl, add all-purpose flour and baking soda and mix it well. Then add 2 eggs beaten with half a spoon of sugar and oil. Beat the ingredient until it becomes fluffy now add the flour to it. Till it folds gently. Then for smell and flavour add butterscotch essence. Now it’s time to bake the cake, Pour the batter into the pan and bake it in the oven. Allow it to bake and cool down for 1 hour. Cut into 3 slices.
Now it’s time for Praline. Take sugar in a saucepan. Melt it in the high flame to caramelize. Now you can add peanut to the caramelized sugar. Mix it well until it gets brown and pours it into the parchment paper. Chop it and add to the mixture. Then add the whipping cream for each slice and spread it evenly all over the cake and between the slices. Then you can top with praline.
Try these recipes at your home and enjoy the mouth-watering taste of butterscotch.