Local SEO is an incredibly effective way to promote your local business online, because it assists businesses to promote their products and services to local customers at the actual time they’re looking for them online.
You've probably noticed a lot about local SEO getting one of the most important facets when it comes to digital marketing.
Nonetheless, we think it's only reasonable that before we nod our heads and accept popular viewpoint, we need to have a concise idea of what exactly local SEO is, its relevance in today's world, and how it impacts businesses.
Here breaks down that fact for you, so you can have a clear concept of why local SEO keeps this type of dominant position in online marketing, and exactly how it can help you grow your business.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization), occasionally referred to as local search engine marketing, is an incredibly effective way to promote your local business online, because it assists businesses to promote their products and services to local customers at the actual time they're looking for them online.
This is obtained through several methods many of which differ greatly from what's practiced in standard SEO, and some of which are far easier to handle utilizing local SEO tools and can require specific local SEO services.
Why Local SEO important?
Local SEO is extremely important, particularly if you have a business with a street-side store or one that provides a service in a particular locality.
According to forbes.com research, 95% of smartphone users have used their mobile to perform local searches, out of which 61% called the business, and 59% visited.
And searchenginewatch.com discovered that 70% of mobile users click to call a business directly from Google search results using their mobile phones.
Now these figures will explain that leads from location-based searches are the main avenue for potential customers, and those numbers will only keep growing. Because these leads are from people who are specifically looking for products or services that your business offers, it is secure to assume that these are qualified leads that will have a higher conversion rate as well.
How Does Local SEO Effect Your Business?
If you own a small business, improving your business' local SEO can be extremely rewarding. Let's check out a number of the benefits of local SEO:
- Local SEO assists potential customers to find out your business. A lot of local searches come from non-locals who are looking for a business like yours, and with local SEO done correctly, your business can capture that viewer.
- Local SEO offers potential customers the details that they desire when they desire it. For example, if your cafe has free WiFi or is pet-friendly, displaying that information as part of your local SEO will attract customers who are searching for just that.
- Even when your business does not have a website, local SEO helps your business stand out in local searches and helps drive more visitors through online leads.
- As mentioned previously, 61% of people who performed a local search finished up calling the business. Local search optimization provides potential customers the power to take this action, and this, in turn, offers your business with a qualified lead that you can convert.
- Local SEO assists drive people's choices in favor of your business. The more details they have about your business, the more trusted you are in their eyes. This lays a strong base upon which you can build a mutually beneficial consumer relationship.
Now that you understand how local SEO can help your business, you can better handle its online appearance, and build up your customer base. Including an SEO company to your promotion team will not only improve your local SEO but also improve your organic search engine rankings for your site and over your competitors.