We hope after reading the blog, you will fix the error by selecting any one option. If none of the ways helps you solve your problem, and then use the KDETools OST to PST converter to convert your OST files into PST format securely.
OST files are helpful when internet connectivity is not consistent and unreliable. The users can continue working on the Exchange server without any hassle as the OST files can reach into an unrecoverable state. The users can restore their data from the hard drive by using the OST to PST file converter. The Outlook can retrieve the data from the PST file even when the data is deleted or corrupted.
No matter how reliable the OST files are, there are situations when the OST files can fail. In situations where the OST files tend to fail, the damage it involves is not exceptional. This blog will further discuss the errors the user's face when operating the OST files and further reveal the solutions on how to fix the problem.
A-List of Some Common Reasons behind the Errors
Below we have mentioned the possible reasons for the errors which indicate corruption in the OST files:
- The abrupt abortion of Outlook while Outlook-Exchange synchronization is still in progress.
- The entire file system gets corrupted.
If the error have been detected on any file, then make certain that you shut the Outlook or any other mail application and use the inbox repair tool to fix the error.
How to Resolve Some Common Errors of OST Files?
We have mentioned a few ways to repair the OST files and skip the headache of losing your data:
- Retrieve the Backup
The perfect way to repair the damaged OST files is with a backup copy of the file. However, there is a disadvantage of this repairing method as if the backup is not of recent time, and then by using this method can manage you to get incomplete data.
- Fix the OST By Using Inbuilt Repair
Another way to fix the OST is by using the inbuilt inbox repair as it can repair minor problems of OST and PST files. This method also has a limitation as severe damage within OST files cannot be retrieved. The inbox utility feature is not available in Outlook versions after the year 2007. If you are using the Outlook version beyond 2007, then you cannot use the utility feature as it is not available.
- Clear All The Offline Data
Clearing all the offline data within OST files can also help you fix the problem, so ensure that you follow the below steps to clear the OST files:
- The first step is to locate your OST file on the machine and right-click on the file folder and opt for the properties option.
- The next step is to open the dialogue box and select the clear offline items and press ok.
- You can launch the Outlook and click the send or receive option and then update the folder.
Once you finish the above steps and then ensure that you delete the OST file. When the Outlook synchronizes with the Exchange server, a new OST file will be created automatically and all the data will be downloaded in the Exchange mailbox. This is one of the most effective ways to fix the problem; however, it might cause slight data loss and is not a guaranteed way of fixing the OST file.
- Make A New Profile
Corrupting your OST files can be because of your default Outlook profile. If this is the reason behind the error, then follow the below steps and create a new Outlook profile:
- Start by deleting your current Outlook profile.
- Create a new default Outlook profile.
- After creating the new profile, set the new profile as a default profile.
- Use A Third-Party Tool
If you have tried all the above methods and still you cannot fix the errors, then we highly suggest you convert OST to PST using a reliable third-party tool. By applying this method, you can extract all the data from the corrupted OST files and convert them into a PST format. Once you convert the PST, the data can be imported directly into the Outlook by using the below steps:
- Start by downloading and installing the KDETools OST to PST converter.
- Select the corrupted OST file on the software screen and click on convert and start scanning.
- You have to stop it at any time by pressing the stop button.
- Once the scanning is completed, you can see the recovered items on the left-hand side of the panel. You can double click on the selected item you want to preview before the recovery.
- Click on the save converted file, to recover the data.
- You can choose from an array of options such as MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, NSF, Zimbra, PST, and etc. to save the converted data in any format you wish to select.
- The last step is to select a location where you want to save the data and click on the complete button.