Glaucoma is a very common eye problem that affects the elderly population.
Glaucoma is a very common eye problem that affects the elderly population. Open angle glaucoma is a condition caused by the clogging of drainage canals, which results in increased fluid build-up, which ultimately damages the optic nerve and can lead to complete loss of vision. Intraocular hypertension is another condition where the fluid build-up inside the eyes increases pressure on the eye. If there is too much pressure buildup inside the eye, the optic nerve can get damaged.
A number of medications are available which can reduce fluid pressure inside the eye, thereby ensuring the outflow of aqueous humour. Careprost 3 ml is one such drug, which is commonly prescribed to glaucoma patients. Available as eye drops as well as in a topical form, it can help with the above mentioned conditions as well as hypotrichosis of eyelashes.
Careprost 3 ml is a prescription drug used in the treatment of eye problems. It is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd, and belongs to the chemical class of Prostaglandin analogue. The active ingredient in Careprost 3 ml is Bimatoprost 0.03% w/v (for a 3 ml bottle), and therefore it is generically also known as Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution.
Since it is an ophthalmic glaucoma agent, this medicine works by lowering the fluid pressure inside the eyes, by increasing the inflow of aqueous humor. The active ingredient present in this drug is Bimatoprost, which helps with this mechanism. Through this, Careprost 3 ml helps in reducing the effects of glaucoma. This medicine can also be taken to increase the growth, length, and thickness of the eyelashes.
How should you take this medicine?
This drug, like all others, should always be taken according to the instructions that are provided by the doctor. This is because any changes in the prescribed dose adjustments can prove to be quite detrimental. Careprost 3ml is meant for external use only. The dropper should be held close to the eye without actually touching it, and squeezed gently. The medicine should be placed inside the lower eyelid. Any extra liquid is to be wiped off.
In case you miss a dose, administer the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose at any point of time. Although it is not clinically established what happens in case of an overdose, if you feel you have applied too much, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the side effects of taking Careprost 3 ml?
It is advised that you discuss all allergies and medical conditions with your doctor, so that you can be prepared for any possible side effects, which might include:
- Blindness, partial or total
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Change in color vision
- Eye color changes
- Eye discharge, excessive fluid
- Headache and sleepiness
- Redness of the eye
- Eye swelling and pain
- A strange burning or itching sensation in the eyes
It should be noted that none of these side effects should last for too long and in case they do persist over time, immediately consult your doctor because you might be developing an allergy to this drug.
What are the warnings and precautions associated with this medicine?
- Allergies: always make it a point to inform the doctor if you have food or drug related allergies, because if you are allergic to any of the components of the drug, it will not work out for you.
- Use in pregnant/breastfeeding women: this drug is not recommended in either situation.
- Use in children: Careprost 3 ml is a prescription drug and should never be administered to people below 18 years of age unless it is recommended by the doctor.
- Alcohol consumption: it is strictly advised to not consume alcohol while under treatment, since it can lead to unwanted side effects.
- Driving and operating heavy machinery: these activities should be kept to a minimum due to the nature of the side effects of this drug.
- Bacterial keratitis: this is a bacterial eye infection that can be caused if the eye drops become contaminated. This is why you should take care and ensure that Careprost 3 ml is never contaminated and always stored under hygienic conditions.
- Contact lens usage: this eye drop should not be taken by people while wearing soft contact lenses. The lenses should be taken out before application and reinserted at least fifteen minutes later.
- Kidney diseases: people with a history of renal dysfunctions should not take this drug without the recommendation of the doctor. Proper monitoring of kidney function should be done.
- Liver diseases: people suffering from liver ailments should take this only on the recommendation of the doctor.
- Macular edema: patients suffering from this condition should be cautious while taking this medicine. Any strange side effect should be reported to the doctor immediately.
How effective is laser therapy in treating glaucoma?
This has been a more recent development in the field of glaucoma cure. Laser surgery is generally done to lower pressure in the eye, but this is not as easy as it sounds. A number of factors need to be taken into account for this to be successful, for instance, laser surgery is not suitable for very old people.
There are different types of laser surgeries for different glaucoma conditions.
Some common substitutes of this drug are:
- Bimat eye drop
- Gloria eye drop
- Lumingan 0.03% ophthalmic solution
- Super Lash ophthalmic solution
- Carelash ophthalmic solution
These medicines are not perfect substitutes and should never be self-administered and it is advised to read up about all these before you buy Careprost 3ml. If you feel that the current treatment you are undergoing is not effective enough, consult your doctor. These medicines should not be substituted for Careprost 3 ml.
Interaction of Careprost 3 ml with other drugs:
The following medicines react moderately with Careprost 3 ml. These medicines should never be combined together as they can have extremely dangerous reactions and can potentially harm you.
No two medicines should be combined unless it is deemed safe by the doctor. Drug interactions may differ from people to people depending on physical and metabolic conditions, hence some drugs that may react mildly when combined- can end up having violent interactions in some people. Always make sure you inform your doctor if you are taking medications or herbal supplements.
- Is this a habit-forming drug?
Ans- No such tendency has been reported.
2. How long does this medicine take to show effects?
Ans- effects can be seen in four hours or less, from the time of application.
3. If I experience prolonged vision loss, should I stop taking this?
Ans- prolonged vision loss is not a normal side effect, please speak with your doctor in case you experience this.
Where to buy Careprost 3 ml from and why?
You can buy this medicine from the Cheap Medicine Shop, where you can avail the best prices and deals on all kinds of medicines. We also sell prescription drugs. You can visit our website for more details. Our helpdesk is always open for questions.
We are among the top online pharmacies in the USA and guarantee a pleasing user experience along with free shipping options. All our products are genuine, and we offer doorstep delivery within 2 weeks.