If you want to know How to fix QuickBooks POS update error? Read the blog to get the complete info about How to fix QuickBooks POS update error.
QuickBooks makes your business process effortless by allowing sync with the point of sales (POS) machines. However, sometimes users report QuickBooks and POS update errors. If you are wondering how to fix QuickBooks POS update error, go through the article till the end.
How to Fix QuickBooks POS Update Error
First Step: Close all Services and Processes of POS
- Open the “Task Manager” by right-clicking on the desktop taskbar.
- Now, go to “Processes.”
- Find and end all the processes related to POS.
- Close the “Task Manager.”
- Now, on the Windows search box, enter this key “services.msc.”
- You will see the “Services” window. Here, look for the “QBPOS Database Manager.”
- Stop all services related to POS and close the “Services” window.
If the above steps don’t resolve, follow the “Second Step” of how to fix QuickBooks POS update error guide.
Second Step: Remove Some Files Which Causing the Problem
You need to delete some hidden files related to QB POS. Navigate to the following locations:
- For Windows 8 to 10: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\(QuickBooks Version Information)
- For Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\(QuickBooks Version Information)
- Choose all files and folders and then tap “Delete.”
- Now, go back to the following location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale Version Identification number.
- Now, delete the WSActivity file from the INI folder.
- Open the POS program again from the desktop and update the application.
- Finish the registration process using existing credentials.
Third Step: Terminate all POS Services and Processes in the PC
From the PC desktop taskbar, open “Task Manager” and go to the “Processes” section. Now end following processes:
Accounting Error Solutions introduces how to fix QuickBooks POS update error through a three steps process. You may go through the steps and resolve any update error in the future involving the QuickBooks POS .