Explore the complete details about the video CMS platform and how it helps OTT video business owners to organize, manage and stream audio/video libraries of any Size to any volume of audience.
In this ever-evolving digital landscape, the scope and influence of videos are rising quickly. Owing to their growing importance, platforms like YouTube are observing more than 2 billion monthly logged-in users, contributing to billions of hours of video watch time. Videos are interactive, engaging, and help connect audiences better. Creating compelling video content is key to your business growth. And to manage this task, businesses are increasingly turning to video content management systems.
What is a Video CMS?
A Video CMS (content management system) is a software solution to store and organize all your videos in one place. It provides users a ready-made platform for sharing videos without the need for any specialized technical knowledge. By hosting all the videos in one location, video CMS facilitates live and on demand video distribution on your OTT platform with ease of management and measurement of your content.
Why Use a Video Content Management System For Your OTT Platform?
Even though you have a CMS for storing all your media, you require a Video CMS if you have a large video library. Most traditional CMSs are ill-equipped to handle the modern enterprise video management needs and often deliver a poor user experience for video streaming. A dedicated OTT video CMS offers many advantages over a non-specialized system to smoothen your workflow.
Benefits of Videos CMS for the OTT Business
Here are the main benefits of video CMS for your OTT streaming business.
- Dedicated Storage for Large Files: A video is worth a thousand blog posts. However, it comes with a price! Videos take up huge space that easily exceeds the maximum size allowed in various content management systems. A typical HD video of 5 minutes can be as large as 340 MB, while a standard document host like Slideshare supports only 300 MB file size. This data limit puts longer video-sharing out of the question. A video management platform is designed with size in mind. As the video content library grows, the video CMS scales with it.
- Disruption-Free Streaming: As per Statista, mobile accounts for approximately half of the world web traffic. So, multi-device support is a must for your videos. A regular CMS might not play or play well on certain devices since many of them prefer different formats. A video CMS transcodes the video to the most suitable format for a device, offering a smooth streaming experience to viewers.
- Better Privacy and Security: Depending upon your usage type, you may require a private video hosting platform. A video CMS provides you with a private streaming option for your viewers. It is also helpful in hiding your content behind a sign-up or pay-wall. Additionally, a secure video CMS platform encrypts the connection between the hosting server and viewer’s browser to prevent unauthorized access.
- Enhanced Search: Video CMS software has advanced search capabilities that not only searches a video by its title, and filename but also in-video speech recognition. It lets viewers index the information using keywords spoken or displayed in the video at any point. This saves them time and the irritation of skipping the video to watch a specific part.
- Live Streaming: Video CMS allows users to stream live videos in addition to on-demand videos. Live video streaming is quite effective in engaging audiences or holding team meetings and other personal/professional events. You also have the option to save the live video for people who missed it or want to re-watch it.
- Video-Specific Analytics: Keeping track of the video metrics helps one to assess their content strategy. By having data on measures like views, watch length, highest viewed video sections, and least viewed video sections, etc., users can make better-informed decisions on planning their content.
- Integrations: Users who already have a content management system in place can directly incorporate the video CMS into their existing setup. It prevents the hassle of transferring the content from one place to another.
Essential Features of OTT Video Management System
A robust video CMS offers a variety of storage and upload options to help maximize your streaming efficiency. Some essential features to look for in an OTT video management system are:
Single CMS: A single CMS centralizes all your content by storing and managing it in one place. It helps to avoid the hassle of multiple logins and dashboards for your different content types.
Bulk Content Import: A video CMS must have a large content library to let you upload data of any size with similar metadata in bulk.
Web Page Management: Not every content creator is a coder, isn’t it! A CMS allows you to design and manage static pages of your video content without any programming knowledge.
For professional broadcasters, a video CMS with tools to organize, store, and manage all their content is essential for success. Finding a good OTT CMS video management platform that fulfills all these needs and provides room for more is a significant game-changer in your streaming business. An affordable video CMS solution with the latest technology and features will save you time and trouble while maximizing your ROI.