QuickBooks Payroll users face many problems due to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 when application isn’t configured properly which affect their work directly and indirectly.
QuickBooks Payroll users face many problems due to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 which affect their work directly and indirectly. This payroll error may trigger due to many causes which may stop the working of the software, if not treated effectively. Usually, this payroll error (like other errors) gives an error message which asks users to verify the payroll subscription.
Users may face the problem of not knowing the exact reason for this payroll error and on how to treat this problem error. So, this information will guide them to handle this payroll error.
Why Does The Quickbooks Error ps036 Occurs?
- The PS036 error occurs when your payroll subscription has expired.
- When you apply for the payroll service, you have opted for several active pay agreements and the direct deposits in the agreement are inactive.
- One of the main causes of the error is a damage in the company file or if the company file is corrupted.
- The Paysub.ini file located in the QuickBooks installation folder is corrupted or corrupted.
- In case your QuickBooks Desktop application and your payroll are not updated to the latest published version.
- You are using incorrect login credentials to log in to your payroll account.
- If you entered an incorrect Employer Identification Number, QuickBooks may generate QuickBooks error PS036.
- Your Windows operating system is out of date and is not installed with the latest updates released.
- Another reason that triggers the PS036 error in QuickBooks is an incorrect PSID in the company file.
Effects of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
The above case creates multiple issues while working on the QuickBooks Software. Some of the problems which users might face are as follows:
Purchasing Payroll Subscription: Users will have to buy the payroll subscription to work in the QuickBooks Software.
Windows Crashing: Users may face the problem where the windows will crash many times while operating the payroll in QuickBooks.
Re-installing the entire Software: Due to the above problems, users may need to re-install the whole software and might lose some necessary credentials along with it.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS036
QuickBooks Error code PS036 can be resolved by the below-given troubleshooting steps,
There are various ways to treat the problem of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036. Users need to follow these simple steps which are as follows:
1. Rename Paysub.ini file: For users should first know that the entire Paysub.ini file hidden on windows, so for that users need first to make it visible.
- Users need first to open My Computer. Then, they should click Organize.
- They should select “Folder and search” option, and there they should click the View option.
- There, they should select the “Hidden Files and Folders” option and then select the option “Show Hidden Files, Folders and drive.”
- Apply and then click Okay.
- Then, open My Computers again and there users should search Paysub.ini in the search bar.
- Select by right-clicking the given file and then choose the rename option.
- Rename the whole file name extension i.e., .ini to .old.
Step 2: Rename the Paysub.ini file
- ini is a hidden file under Windows. To see this file at the beginning, we need to change the settings of the Windows folder options.
- Select My Computer and click Organize.
- Click Folder and Search and select the View tab.
- Now, click on Hidden Files and Folders and select Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers.
- Select Apply and click OK.
- Go back to My Computer and in the search bar at the top, find the Countryub.
- When you see the Paysub.ini file, right-click on it and select Rename.
- Now rename the file extension to .old from .ini.
- Repeat the same steps for all found Paysub files.
Users must follow the above steps for a quick solution to this payroll problem. One must feel free to contact the QuickBooks Community Forum by discussion any question regarding the issue. One may feel free to contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support toll-free number 1844-857-4846.