We all have been hit very hard by COVID-19 and now when many of us have spent our several weeks living inside, we have become quite used to our homes.
We all have been hit very hard by COVID-19 and now when many of us have spent our several weeks living inside, we have become quite used to our homes. In some cases maybe too familiar. And If you did plan to move before COVID-19, and still plan to do so when the timing is right, you might want to take this time to reflect on what is working and what is not there in your current home. For example, those stairs you have climbed 10 times a day may have kept you moving while you have stayed home, but maybe you would like stair-free living in your next home. Or perhaps the yard you thought you could do without has now become a must-have.
We have come up with a list of questions to help you with what you like and don’t like about your current home so you can find more comfort and pleasure in your next one.
What is working for you — and what is not?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how and why do you like your current home?
- Quality of your home. What is the best thing you like about Quality?
- Do you like the design of your home? If not, is there an architectural design or era you prefer?
- Which is your favorite room, and what makes spending time there pleasurable?
Flow and Space: How happy do you feel when you are at home?
- How much space do you have in your home? Enough space or just too much space?
- How would you describe your apartment floor plan or floor layout, an open floor plan, or more compartmentalized? Does it fit in your lifestyle?
- Do you live in 1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK, or 4 BHK bedroom flats? How many bathrooms do you have?
- Is your residential building a single-story building or a Multistory Building?
- Are you happy with the carpet area, bathroom fittings, color combination on the walls, windows, etc?
- Do you like the fixtures and finishes?
- Is there any special room you have never had but have always wanted, such as a home office, workout gym room, children’s room, servant apartment, Puja room, etc?
What are the outside amenities? And how does it affect your experience of home?
- How do you enjoy the outdoor space? If you don’t have enough space, do you feel like you’re missing out?
- Do you enjoy taking care of a backyard, or feel burdened by it?
- Does your residential apartment have curb appeal? If not, what needs to be improved?
- Do you have your vehicle parking? Is a garage or carport a must-have?
Your surroundings: Community and the social connections can make life all the sweeter
- Do you feel safe, secure and are you happy with your surroundings? Think about all its characteristics, including walkability, children’s park, nearby activities, density, noise level, and society and neighbor involvement.
- Do you have to travel far for basics such as groceries or a doctor’s appointment?
- Are you happy with your commute?
- Are there enough activities going on around you or too many?
Source - https://www.shapoorjipallonjihousingprojects.com/post/Best-Tips-For-Buying-Home-During-COVID-19/index.html