Ever since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, on-demand food delivery apps have witnessed enhanced traffic. With people staying indoors, restaurants are on the lookout for ways to reach out to their existing and potential customers. While developing a food ordering and delivery app isn’t commercially feasible, joining hands with third-party food delivery platforms seems to be the only light in their tunnel.
UberEats, the world-famous food delivery app, became the most downloaded food delivery app in Q2 2020. With that being said, the entire mobile app ecosystem recorded a massive rise due to the outbreak situation. With nearly 37.8 billion total app downloads in Q2 2020, the market for on-demand apps forecasts exponential growth.
Are you an entrepreneur aiming to storm into the evergreen food delivery sector? If so, here are some compelling stats of UberEats that you need to know. Besides, the blog also discusses COVID-19 safety add-ons to consider including in your UberEats clone app.
UberEats Gains Momentum
According to the latest data by SensorTower,
- UberEats topped the charts as the most downloaded food delivery app in Q2 2020. Other delivery chains like McDonald’s and Foodpanda followed UberEats in the table.
- UberEats recorded a massive 24 million installs during April — June in 2020. The US accounted for a major part of the demand, soaring by a massive 18.79%. Following the US, Japan and Brazil witnessed higher download rates.
- McDonald’s followed UberEats closely, experiencing 19.7 million app downloads in the same quarter of Q2.
- In an exciting turn of events, McDonald’s topped the charts to become the most downloaded food delivery app in June 2020. With over 6.7 million downloads, the app sits atop UberEats, which experienced 6.4 million downloads in the month.
All these stats are positive signs that the food delivery market has gained new audiences due to the pandemic situation. Another notable aspect that needs a special mention is that Grubhub signed up with 20,000 restaurants immediately following the lockdown situation in March.
Tackling the COVID-19 situation is crucial
A food delivery platform that seamlessly bridges the gap between restaurants and customers can reap enticing rewards. However, there is an added responsibility for entrepreneurs in the current scenario. Here are some crucial elements that you need to take care of for your business’s efficient functioning.
- Maintaining the supply chain: With the customer demand elevating, striking the chord between supply and demand becomes challenging. It is pointless to market a food delivery platform without accommodating the necessary supply chain. The supply chain here refers to restaurants and the delivery team. Collaborating and culminating in a wide range of eateries is critical to ensure sustainability in the end. Besides, hiring delivery workers in the ‘gig’ economy can help you manage expenses wisely.
- Contactless can be the way out: It is a well-known fact that the virus spreads through external physical contact. Hence, encouraging contactless delivery options can come in handy. In zero-contact deliveries, customers can instruct delivery executives to drop their orders at confined places in front of their homes. Besides, avoiding transacting via cash can help curb disease spread significantly. Integrating multiple payment gateways, including credit/debit cards, net banking, digital wallets, etc., can do the trick and ensure safety throughout the ecosystem.
- Safety add-ons to consider: Building the ‘trust’ factor is crucial to growing a massive customer base. Some of the safety add-ons to consider for your UberEats clone include,
· Safety ratings and reviews
· Face masks & gloves recognition software
· Knowledge banners
· High-touch surface information
· Disabling COD
· Safety badges for restaurants
The unprecedented growth of UberEats is a positive sign that the food delivery app market forecasts tremendous numbers even amid the pandemic situation. Reach out to an app development company, tell them your needs, and launch an on-demand food delivery app right away.