Arya Samaj Marriage is a legal way to show status husband and wife in India and less consume money. Many people consider Arya samaj marriage following proper rituals and blessings under the procedure of traditions marriage.
With moving more and more towards development, we’re also witnessing the change in the mindset of people for the good. Earlier, ‘Caste and religion’ are integral parts of Indian society that used to bring division, hatred, and tension among various social groups especially when it comes to ‘Marriage.’ Marriage within the same caste as well as in the same religion is the rule of 'land of the Indian society' but that’s not anymore the case among the young generation of the country.
Now, in the name of modernization, democratization, Westernization, and development; the majority of the people of all caste and creeds consider the ‘Arya Samaj’ for a successful marriage. In Arya Samaj, the ‘Marriages’ is governed by the ‘Hindu Marriage Act of 1957’along with the provision of ‘Special Marriage Act of 1954 and Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act of 1937’ that allow every individual to marry irrespective of considering factors like caste, creed, race, religion or standard. To be precise, Arya Samaj Marriage in Delhi eliminates discrimination and acts an open door for all the people who prefer ‘Inter-religious and Inter-caste marriages’ for the following benefits and advantages:
- Arya Samaj Marriage is simple and inexpensive: Unlike Hindu traditional marriages; Arya Samaj offers couples the facility of marrying each other in a simple and least expensive way.
- Arya Samaj Marriage is Legally Accepted: Like Hindu traditional marriages are considered legal in India for offering marriage certificates; Arya Samaj also awards marriage certificates to couples who marry as per the Arya Samaj rituals.
- Arya Samaj Marriage is solemnized with following proper ‘Rituals, Chants and Blessings:’ Arya Samaj weddings are solemnized similar to the procedure of ‘Hindu traditional Weddings’ but it takes less time i.e., around 2 hours only unlike the latter.
- Arya Samaj Marriage liberates Indian Society: Arya Samaj marriages prohibit the system of ‘Dowry’ which is considered a curse for the society.
- Arya Samaj Marriage curbs Child Marriages: Arya Samaj discourages child marriages and therefore, only allows those couples to marry each other who meet the legal age criterion for the marriage.
- Arya Samaj Marriage saves couples from unwanted problems: Arya Samaj restricts or bans alcohol as well as intoxicating products in a marriage ceremony and thus saves both the marrying party from facing any unnecessary problems until the marriage gets over.
- Last but not the least; Arya Samaj Marriages contribute to the Indian Society: Arya Samaj marriages provide equal status, value, and opportunity to both men and women in the society.
So, because of the ‘Arya Samaj Mandir Marriage’ concept, benefits, and advantages, India has shown remarkable growth in inter-caste and inter-religious marriages, which ultimately helping continuously all the religions (Hindu and non-Hindu), communities and castes to exist together.
To conclude, one can say that though, it is difficult to think of marriage beyond the own caste, but it is quite heartening to witness that the role that ‘Caste’ used to play earlier in ‘Marriages’ is gradually decreasing over time.