In the world of accounting, the software has helped users ease out the tasks. QuickBooks has helped users to work their way with complex accounting data and day-to-day operations are eased. As a QB user, you might have heard about the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. QBDSM is an efficient tool that allows the user to run multiple versions of QuickBooks processes. Consequently, it creates a Network Data file for any company file on the host computer. It is an important tool and can be equally complex.
That is why we have seen users finding difficult to work their way through it. Our blog guides you to use and before that install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.If you still fail at any step just dial (844)-888–4666 and talk to the QB support team.
Points to Remember about QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Server Manager creates network data files for the company files on the host computer.
To use multiple versions of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Database Server Manager must be installed for each version.
Each QuickBooks Versions add a user when QB Database Server Manager is installed.
If the user is making use of multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then setting-up the Database Server Manager for every version in chronological order (from oldest to latest) is a must.
Verify Steps to Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QuickBooks Installer and start the installation wizard.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet before you click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions and hit on Next.
- Choose from custom or Network options.
- Choose the method of installation.
- If asked, enter your license number.
- Choose Yes to allow access.
- Follow through the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
You May Also Like To Read - QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
How to update the Database Server Manager?
Though QB Server Manager gets updated manually and does not require manual updating, if you need to do it below are the steps for the same.
- Download the update patch of Database server Manager.
- After the server gets updated a message is displayed “This company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.”
- Create a backup as the database structure may get modified and you do not want to risk your data.
- Once that is done, the updating process gets completed, you can get back to work.
How to use QuickBooks Database Server Manager for various tasks?
Scan the folders using QBDSM
After the files are stored on the server, they must be scanned so that you can check they are configured properly for other users to access it.
- Open QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Choose Scan Folders.
- Select the folder that consists of the company file or if you do not know, scan the entire disk.
- Begin the scan by clicking on Scan.
Once the scan completes, other users can see and work on the company files remotely. In the end, I hope you have got an answer on what QuickBooks Database Server Manager is and how it is able to allow easy collaboration for the team. Further, if you are unable to perform any of the steps mentioned above talk to our QuickBooks expert team by dialing a toll-free number (844)-888–4666.