As aforementioned, clipping paths are a huge part in the field of e-commerce business, be it for marketing, promotional aspects of an establishment, or even working on brand image. This is also especially useful to entrepreneurs and people who work within the realms of Amazon, eBay, or Alibaba. Hence, it is extremely crucial to get the pictures absolutely perfect and on par with the requirements and standards for the respective field or photographs.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the, if not the most better known professional softwares for editing pictures amongst the handful that is popular in the market. This application opens doors to many useful features that are incredibly helpful to a lot of different audiences and fields.
One particular feature that has great importance in a number of areas, notably to the e-commerce business market, is called the “Deep Etch” or more commonly known as “Clipping Path”. This technique allows users to trace a path to outline an object from a picture and then essentially ‘cropping’ them to either remove the object from the rest of the image or to remove and add another background.
The very basics of Clipping Path teaches us to manipulate images. See how to create a clipping path in Photoshop below:
To remove your image background:
- Open your image with Adobe Photoshop
- Select Pen Tool from the left-aligned toolbar
- Properly zoom or view your image to see the edge clearly.
- Draw the selection line surrounding the product you want to cut out until you reach to the point where you started.
- Save the path from the right-aligned menu.
- After the path is created around your product, press Ctrl+left button of the mouse on the path menu
- To remove the background press Ctrl+j
- Save your file
To add the background of your choice:
- After getting the path, select “Background Copy” option from the right-aligned menu
- You can select solid color/gradient/pattern from the adjustment layer option and choose the color you want on your product’s background
- Save your file
Using clipping path technique on your images helps your targeted audience to get a clear idea of what they want to purchase or what they would like to buy. This feature is also essential for graphic designers and photographers as their work requires them to be skilled in different types of editing.
Online and offline both the businesses require better quality images, attractive product photography and editing to showcase their product images in the most beautiful way.
Editing such as the clipping path gives the best outcome when it is done by an expert team or professionals. Try UK Clipping Path expert services in Photoshop and invest the time in growing your business.