In this article, you will learn how to perform firmware installation on Galaxy M62 with ODIN. The Samsung Galaxy M62 comes with Android 11 out of the box with a 3.0 UI skin. As with any other Android device, you can install several custom ROMs on the Galaxy M62.
A ROM drastically changes the way your phone looks and feels and can improve battery life in some cases. While custom firmware is a good thing to have, sometimes you may need to go back to the official or Stock ROM as you wish, for a variety of reasons.
For example, a custom ROM might cause some unexpected problems and sometimes it can even freeze your phone completely (by installing the wrong firmware). In any case, it is always good to know how to perform firmware installation on Galaxy M62 with ODIN.
Why install firmware on Galaxy M62 with ODIN
- Phone Locked: When users install a ROM or mod not designed for their phone model, they lock the phones. When a phone freezes, it initiates a boot cycle that a factory reset cannot resolve.
- Install Official Firmware: If you've changed the current firmware or installed various mods, installing the firmware on your Galaxy M62 is a good way to get your phone back to how it was when it left the factory. The new firmware will overwrite the old one and reset everything.
Before you can actually flash any files, you need to enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock. USB debugging is necessary because it allows the phone to communicate with the computer.
- Go to Settings> About phone> Software information. Quick tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings> Developer Options and tap on USB Debugging. This will allow the phone to communicate with the computer to install the new firmware.
- Go to Settings> Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock.
- Make sure you have at least a 60% battery charge. If your phone freezes during the installation process, it will not shut down.
- Download the latest Samsung USB drivers for the Galaxy M62 ( Download )
You also need stock firmware to flash your phone. There are many ways to get the firmware. Several websites host these files. We highly recommend that you use Frija to download the correct firmware on your Galaxy M62. It is the easiest way and has the fastest download speeds.
How to install firmware on the Galaxy M62 with ODIN
This process is relatively safe. It is a routine procedure for solving some of the most common problems with Samsung phones. Follow the tutorial below very carefully and don't miss any of the steps. If you don't do as mentioned, you could end up blocking and damaging your phone to the point of no return. We are not responsible for any damage to the phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you download both the ODIN flashing tool and Galaxy M62 stock firmware from the download links above and extract both packages.
- Launch the extracted ODIN file.
- Turn off your phone and go to download mode. To do this, hold down the buttons simultaneously reducing the volume and power.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable. If the USB drivers are installed correctly, the ID: COM box in ODIN will turn blue.
- Click the AP / PDA button and select the extracted firmware button.
- Go to Options and make sure to disable Re-Partition and enable automatic restart.
- Click the Start button and wait for the firmware to be installed on your Galaxy M62.
Once the installation process is finished, ODIN will show a green “PASS” text with the time needed to install the firmware. The phone will automatically reboot a few times before booting. When the phone boots for the last time, it will run the newly installed stock firmware. If you have any questions, please let us know below.