This blog will help you understand the possible causes and some effective troubleshooting methods to fix the QBCFService Stopped issue.
QuickBooks users come across several errors now and then. One of them is QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer. It is an annoying situation that the users face while using the QuickBooks Desktop application. QBCFMonitorService stands for QuickBooks Company File Monitor Service and is an essential utility in the application. However, when the issue takes place, you won’t be able to use this QB utility. Several reasons can promote QuickBooks monitor service terminated unexpectedly. Thus, you need to understand the major reasons that evoke the error code. This blog will help you understand the possible causes and some effective troubleshooting methods to fix the QBCFService not running issue.
Facing QuickBooks Desktop QBCFMonitorService not running error and need professional assistance? Get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our helpline number +1-855-948-3651 and get immediate assistance.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QBCFMonitorService Keeps Stopping Error?
You may come across the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- The QBCFMonitorService.exe file might have been infected with a virus or malware attack.
- QBCFMonitorService unable to Start error may also take place due to erroneous Windows registry.
- The QBFCMonitorService.exe file might have been accidentally deleted by a third-party application installed on the system.
- Restrictive Windows Firewall settings do not allow QuickBooks to communicate with the server.
- A third-party application might interfere with the QBFCMonitorService.
- The QuickBooks application might have undergone a partial or damaged installation that evokes QBCFMonitorService not running on Server.
How To Resolve QBCFMonitorService Failed To Start Error?
Follow the below-given solutions to resolve QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error:
Solution 1: Restart QBFCMonitoringService Manually
Perform the below-described steps to restart the QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service:
- You have to close the QuickBooks application in the first place.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open the task manager.
- Then, go to the Processes tab.
- After that, right-click on the QBCFMonitorService process and then select End Task.
- Now, click on Yes to confirm the action.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks application once again to check if the QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service error is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Change Your Windows Firewall Settings
If your Windows Firewall is restricting QuickBooks from accessing the server, then change the settings by following the below-given steps:
- In the first place, you have to update your Firewall software.
- Then, you have to add QuickBooks as an exception from being scanned.
- After that, find out if the ports required by QuickBooks to communicate with the server are blocked or not.
- Open the ports if it is blocked so that QuickBooks can communicate with the server to fix the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer.
Note: If the QuickBooks Desktop QBCFMonitorService is not running error persists even after updating the firewall settings, then you can apply the following solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Company file monitoring service.
Solution 3: Try to Update the Database server manager carefully
- At first, you have to start the QuickBooks Desktop application by double-clicking over the QB desktop icon.
- Now, click on update QuickBooks options under the Help tab.
- Then, checkmark all the available options available under the Update Now tab.
- After that, click on the Get Update option to begin the process of downloading the updates.
- When the download completes, QuickBooks will install the Downloaded package on its own.
- At last, you have to reboot the QuickBooks Server and all the workstations.
Talk to a Qualified QB Expert!
We hope the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you fix the QBCFMonitorService not running error without any hassle. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-855-948-3651.