Quickbooks error 1904 can hinder the system. In order to resolve it read the quickest guide below covering effective and easy solutions.
Quickbooks error 1904 can bring hindrances into the system and disturb the workflow of Quickbooks. If you are struggling with the same error in your device then read this quick and simple guide below and resolve the error issue.
What is Quickbooks Error 1904
Error 1904 Quickbooks generally enters into the system when you try to install Quickbooks files at times when the files and folders are not registered properly in your system. Another cause can be the updating of the operating system. It is mandatory to know that if you are having any of the texts on your screen like ICWrapper.dll, qbprefs.dll, qbupdate.exe, RcnFndRequestHandler.dll then also you can encounter this error as it indicates there are some Microsoft C++ damaged components.
So, below are some causes responsible for the error 1904. module failed to register QuickBooks but there are also many more. In order to know about them. Read the article below.
Factors responsible for Quickbooks Error 1904
- Quickbooks files become corrupted and damaged.
- Receiving text like qbupdate.exe and dll can also lead to the error issue.
- Wrong installation of Adobe Flash Player.
- Skipping the rebooting process after performing an update of Windows Vista to Windows 7.
After getting all the factors, let’s move on to the simple and easy steps that you can perform to removing these causes from the system through a troubleshooting guide.
How to fix error 1904 Quickbooks
Below are the solutions that you can perform on your system. Move on to them to eradicate the error issue.
- Navigate to the ignore button showing on the error message.
- Finish the Quickbooks installation.
- Avoid opening Quickbooks
- Restart the system
- If the Quickbooks installation does not complete then use Quickbooks desktop install diagnostic tool.
- Reboot the system.
- Check the error, if it is there then install Quickbooks under the built-in administrator account by activating it.
Resolve the Error manually
You need to do 5 steps to do this procedure. So, let’s start it through the guide given below:
Step 1: Activating Build-in Administrator
- Hit the window key.
- Enter CMDsmf.
- Right-click on CMD/Command Prompt/cmd.exe
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Enter net user administrator /active:yes in the command window and hit the enter tab.
Step 2: Switching build-in Administrator Account
- Hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and tap on the Switch User Windows 8 users.
- Press the windows tab.
- Click on the user icon.
- Hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and choose the default administrator account.
Step 3: Hide build-in Administrator Account
- Press the Windows icon.
- Type CMD in the search box.
- Right-click on CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- Type net user administrator /active:no in the command box.
- Hit the enter button.
Step 4: Changing Installation Directory Security Settings
- Try to browse the file C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Right-click the common file folder and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and choose the edit option.
- Select the users in Group or user names
- Allow access for the things below under the Permissions for users.
- List Folder Contents
- Read and Execute
- Hit apply and OK.
Step 5: Quickbooks Installation
- Reinstall Quickbooks desktop.
- Switch to the original user log-in.
Case 1: If the error references QBversionTool.dll
Solution 1: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool
- Reboot the system and reinstall Quickbooks
Solution 2: Check permissions and use hidden (built-in) Administrator account
- Open the Run window (Windows + R)
- Enter notepad in the dialog box
- Click OK tab
- Type QBTEST in the notepad file
- Go to the File menu and choose the save as icon.
- Save the notepad file to the installation directory
- 32-bitC:\Program Files\Common Files.
- 64-bitC:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files.
Case 2: If the error arises while Adobe Flash Player installation
- Run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Press Windows + R to open the run window.
- Type control panel and hit the OK tab.
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Choose adobe flash player ActiveX
- Hit the uninstall tab.
- End the process with the on-screen guidelines.
- Download and install Adobe Flash Player.
Case 3: If you have Bitdefender
The user needs to add the C:\Program Files\Common Files (for 32-bit machines) or C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit (for 64-bit machines) while installing Quickbooks in the presence of Bitdefender as disabling Bitfender provides hindrances in resolving the error issue.
We hope that you like this article containing everything about Quickbooks error 1904 through which you can easily resolve the error issue.