SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategy & Study Materials - Study24x7 Strategy to Crack SSC Cgl 2020 Exams, All Possible SSC Cgl Exams Preparation Strategy, notification of SSC CGL 2020, notification of ssc cgl. We Are Providing You All Best Stuff That You Need for Your Preparation.
SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategy: English Language &Comprehension
The candidates should follow a strategy to clear SSC CGL 2020 exam. The SSC CGL 2020 preparation strategy must include regular practice with mock tests and last year question papers.
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Improvement of Sentences
For the improvement of the sentence, you must apply the correct grammar rule with the correct use of different words.
- Subject-verb agreement must be checked properly. Example:
Incorrect: Boys is playing.
Correct: Boys are playing.
- Singular verb is used when two subjects are added by ‘or’.
Example: Ram or Shyam is going to the party.
- The Plural form of verb is used when two subjects are added by ‘and’.
Example: The teacher and students are going to the picnic.
- Sentences starting with ‘Any’, ‘Each’ or ‘Every’ always use a singular verb.
Example: Everyone is busy.
- Redundant words should be eliminated.
Incorrect sentence- I hardly have any time left.
Correct sentence- I have no time left.
- Comparisons are made among similar things.
Example: The population of a city is greater than the town.
- ‘Few’ is used before countable nouns.
Example: Ram is a few kilometers away from his house.
- ‘Less’ is used with uncountable nouns.
Example: There is less water left.
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
Active Voice: In a sentence when a subject acts upon its verb, it is said to be in Active Voice.
- This is used to convey direct messages in conversation.
- It is recommended to use active voice over passive voice.
Passive Voice: In a sentence where a subject is at the receiver end of a verb’s action it is said to be in Passive Voice.
- This is used to convey messages in a gentle way.
- This is used where a message is conveyed softly.
Active Voice: He has written a book.
Passive Voice: A book has been written by him.
Change in Subject when sentence is changed from active voice to passive voice:
No changes occur in the following subjects when changed from active voice to passive voice:
SSC CGL 2020 Strategy: Conversion of Direct/ Indirect Narration
There are two ways to communicate in English on the basis of tenses used.
- The direct narration is used to convey information in the present tense.
- It uses quoted words to convey information.
- For example, He says, “Ram is dancing”.
- The Indirect narration conveys the meaning in indirect form.
- It uses conjunction words like ‘that’ in place of inverted commas.
- For example, He says that Ram is dancing.
- If Verb is in the present or future tense, there will be no change.
Direct: He says, “Everybody is going.”
Indirect: He says that everybody is going.
- Rules to change pronouns in the reported speech are as follows:
First-person - According to Subject
Second Person- According to object
Third Person - No change
Direct Narration: They told me, “We were living in London”.
Indirect Narration: They told me that they had been living in London.
SSC CGL 2020 Preparation Strategy & Study Materials - Study24x7
Strategy to Crack SSC Cgl 2020 Exams, All Possible SSC Cgl Next Exam Preparation Strategy, notification of SSC CGL 2020. We Are Providing You All Best Stuff That You Need for Your Preparation.
Here you can find variety of study material related to SSC interest, notification of ssc cgl, syllabus of ssc cgl 2020, ssc cgl 2020 notification tier 1. Get regularly updated for new trends and post on the page.