The sale of second hand mobiles is increasing at a rapid pace due to various factors and reasons. One of the main reasons is getting a good used mobile at low cost.
Used mobile phones for sale are currently the most demanded electronic product in the market due to the availability of product at a very budget-friendly price and also in very good condition. Currently, most of the smartphones come with power pack features and almost all smartphones are capable of running popular games like PUBG, Call of Duty Mobile, Free Fire, etc. Most of the smartphone manufacturing companies launch a new model with new features than the previous model every month.
This makes people excited to buy the newly launched smartphones leaving their old smartphones. But current smartphone prices are too high for an ordinary person to afford. So one can exchange the old mobile and can buy a new one or can sell second hand mobiles on classified sites. When someone sells his/her mobiles online it is available in very good condition because it is used for a very little period and also available at a low-cost price than the original price. Buying mobiles that are used for less amount of time is one of the best moves as there is less risk in buying the mobile as it is almost good as a new one and even if it has some problem then it must have a warranty which will cover all the cost for repairing the mobile.
Most people search online, Are refurbished phones any good? Which are better used or refurbished phones? Where to purchase refurbished cell phones? Is it better to buy a used phone or a refurbished one? Are refurbished phones worth it? And many more queries, this shows that people are interested in buying used smartphones. But there are several users still getting fooled by some scammers and this is what makes the downfall of second hand product markets. But nowadays most of the sellers are selling their used phones with warranty to gain trust and attract a lot of customers and provide them with good and quality products without any fraud or scam.
What are Used mobile?
Used phones are pre-owned phones, used by someone in the past for a certain period and due to various reasons and factors (financial problem, switching to a new phone, damaged phone, old phone), it is available for sale at a low cost.
Second hand phones can be bought at a lower price but it's not the same every time that the product might be good. It might be faulty or damaged, if we couldn’t identify the fault during the time of buying then we can face great loss sooner or later. So it is always recommended to buy a used mobile phone by checking it thoroughly.
But there is an advantage to buy second hand mobiles sometimes we can get used phones in good condition or almost a new second hand phone as someone wants to sell it due to financial problems or wants to buy another mobile. In this type of situation, you might also get a warranty on the phone as it is rarely used and brought recently.
What are Refurbished Mobiles?
Refurbished phones are used phones that are used by somebody for a very limited amount of time and due to some fault or some problems in the phones, they are then returned to the manufacturer or third-party seller for repairing and solving the product issue. After getting repaired and reconditioned like a new-one it is available for sale at a low cost than the original product price.
Refurbished products are usually not sold in original packing but you can get all original accessories present in the mobile phone and the reason you should buy a refurbished phones is that they are well tested and free of any damages and problems as it is verified by authorized technicians and checked thoroughly before being available for sale. Moreover, almost every refurbished mobiles comes with a manufacturer's warranty, the same warranty period as the new ones.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Refurbished mobiles
Refurbished mobile phones are good to use because refurbished phones are not like normal second hand mobile phones. These phones are checked by the retailer both physically and internally by an experienced & authorized technician. Although the mobile phone might not look like a new one as there might be little scratches on the phone or it might be in a very good and well-maintained condition. There are no problems with the look of the phone and there is not to worry about the phone getting damaged as it is repaired and checked by a certified technician.
Advantages of refurbished mobiles:
- Refurbished mobile phones are cheaper than the actual cost of the phone.
- Refurbished mobile phones are way better than used phones or second handphones.
- Most of the refurbished mobile phones have a warranty same as the new ones.
- Refurbished phones are damage-free mobiles.
- Buying a refurbished mobile is less risky than buying a used mobile
Disadvantages of refurbished mobile:
- Old refurbished phones do not get software updates as they are out-dated.
- Most of the refurbished phones have poor battery backup.
- Refurbished phones may not look as good as new mobile phones, as they might have scratches on the surface of the mobile phone.
- Not all refurbished mobiles come with a warranty. It depends upon the seller.
Why buy a used mobile?
It is better to buy used mobile than to buy a new mobile because most of the used phones for sale available in the market are as good as new ones and nowadays most of the phones have a warranty period same as the new ones and in a very budget-friendly price. Buying a used phone not only saves a lot of money but also helps save the environment. By reusing old mobile on a large scale can slow down the emission of carbon and harmful radiation that affects our environment.
New phones nowadays cost more due to their extra features, designs, and other hardware capabilities, and including GST the cost of the phone is too high for a normal person to afford. Currently, there is a great demand for 5G smartphones in the market and as we know if the demand goes high the price of the product also gets high.
If you want to buy a smartphone for your child to attend online class or for your parents or for using it for normal use like WhatsApp, Youtube, or browsing then buying a second hand mobile phone is the best option because you can save money on buying a used one and it is unnecessary to spend money on buying a new phone and using it for casual purpose. It is just simply a waste of money.
Important things to check while buying a second hand phone
- Research: Before buying a used phone first decide which phone to buy and after deciding, do some research on the phone and know the pros and cons of buying that particular model of the phone and after completing the research it is up to you to decide whether to buy or not. If you change your mind then you can buy other brands or other models of the phone.
- Documents: Check and verify the original documents of the phone thoroughly. Through this document, you can also find out on which date the phone was purchased and from there you can figure out how much time the phone is been used and from there you can decide whether to buy the phone or not.
- Physical Damage: Check for physical damage on the phone. Look out for scratches, broken tempered glass, or cracked screens, or look out for other internal or external damages. If there are frequent scratches on the phone then it might be roughly used or it might have got damaged frequently. Avoid buying these types of phones.
- Display & Touch Response: Check the brightness of the phone from low to high, Check the display of the phone, Look carefully if the screen is flickering or it has bad light then don't buy the phone. To check the touch response, Go to Settings>>About phone>>Tap the build number 7 times. Now you are in the developer option check show touches and pointer location. Now you can check the screen response of the phone, Check whether it is slow or fast and choose accordingly.
- Battery: Check whether the phone is charging or not or the data cable is working or not. Even if the phone is charging remember to look out how fast it is charging, if it is charging up slowly then, the USB cable might be defective or it might be the charging port or there might be a problem with the charging adapter.
- Audio Jack: Check if the audio jack is working or not and try to use a headphone or earphone jack and check the audio quality if it is not good or if you hear some sparking sound while hearing the audio then the audio jack might be loosed or damaged one.
- Sim card and SD card slot: Check the sim card both slot1and slot2 and then insert sim and turn on mobile data, make calls and messages. Besides the sim slot or within the sim slot there might be a place for an SD card, insert an sd card and check whether the phone is detecting the card or not.
- Fake Phone: Check for fake or clone phones. Go to Settings and check the software version and last updated or check the hardware specification of the phone inside the phone in Settings>>About Phone.
- Stolen Phone: There are thousands of stolen phones available in the black market as well as in the normal markets. Most of the stolen phones do not have proper documents and avoid buying phones which don't have any documents or details of the phones.
- Price: As you might have done some research before deciding to buy a used mobile phone. So pay the price according to the condition and usage of the phone. Do not overpay for the mobile whose condition might not be up to a good level.
Where can you sell & buy used phones for a good price?
You can sell & buy used phones on classified sites like Cifiyah. It is one of the most trusted sites to buy and sell your products easily and securely. You can get huge varieties and options to buy cheap iPhones, refurbished iPhones, used iPhones and you can also get good and better cell phone deals & latest gadgets deals than any other classified site. You get good deals from online sellers rather than offline sellers.
You can post free ads on the Cifiyah website to sell or buy used phones easily. If you are new to the site then, Register and post an advertisement on the product that you want to want to sell it and mention all the details of the product including a good photo of the product to be sold and fix the desired price at which rate you want to sell used mobiles and wait for interested customers to contact you through mail or phone number that you have mentioned it during the time of advertisement.