If you want to install a new HP printer on windows 10, here are simple guide-
Installing a new HP printer driver in Windows 10 is an easy task that provides you the ability to begin printing immediately just after a quick setup.
The easiest and common way to connect an HP printer to your system is by using a USB cable that makes it a local printer. You can install a wireless printer as well or add a printer connected to another laptop or PC on your network.
Having these scenarios in mind, here's how to add an HP printer in Windows 10:
1: For HP Printer Setup, Add a Printer using USB Cable:
- First of all, connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable
- Then, turn it on.
- After that from the’ Start menu’ open the ‘Settings’ app
- There, click on ‘Devices’ and then click on ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
In case if Windows detects your printer, click on the printer’s name and follow the on-screen instructions to install the new HP printer. And, if Windows doesn't find your printer’s name, you need to just click on ‘The printer that I want isn't listed’ link. Then, the Windows troubleshooting guide will automatically help you find your printer and even help you download the drivers as well.
Last but not the least, if that doesn't work, you need to head towards your printer manufacturer's website to download the drivers and installation tools for your printer.
2: Add a Wireless Printer:
- To add a Wireless HP Printer, first of all open ‘Windows search’ by pressing together ‘Windows Key + Q’.
- Then in the search box, type ‘printer’ to select ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Then just ‘Turn on’ the printer. You can also refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Anyway, to do so, hit ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
- After that select the ‘Printer name’ from the results.
- Then, click ‘Add device’ and you are now good to go.
However, there's a possibility that Windows might not be able to locate your HP printer. No worries! The issue could be easily rectified by manually connecting the printer to Windows 10. And, here's how you do this:
- By pressing Windows Key + Q together, open ‘Windows search’.
- Then type in ‘printer’.
- After that select ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- And, hit ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
- Then, select ‘Add a Wireless, Bluetooth, or Network Discoverable Printer’.
- Lastly, choose the ‘Connected printer’.
Even if you're unable to see your HP Printer, then make sure that both the printer and your Windows 10 PC are on the same local network and they’re switched on.
After that, if needed, you can also change the default printer settings. It is because Windows will try to set the default printer by selecting the printer that used most recently on the connected network. To turn the default printer off, follow the below-mentioned simple steps:
- First of all, press together ‘Windows Key + Q’ to open Windows search.
- Then type in ‘Printer’.
- After that select ‘Printers & Scanners’ to turn ‘Let Windows manage my default printer off'.
- Then select the printer which you want to set as default from the list of given devices.
- Lastly, after selecting the printer’s which you want to set as default, click on ‘Manage’ and, hit ‘Set as default’. That’s it! You’re done.
Some question asked by HP users-
Will my old HP printer work with Windows 10?
How do I connect my HP printer to Windows 10?
How do I manually install HP printer drivers?
Which HP printers are compatible with Windows 10?
How do I connect my HP printer to my computer wirelessly?
How do I update my HP to Windows 10?
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WIFI?
How do I install HP drivers?