With its amazing range of TVs and streaming devices, Roku has revolutionised the watching experience of millions of users.
With its amazing range of TVs and streaming devices, Roku has revolutionised the watching experience of millions of users. However, sometimes users can feel a little discontented with the channels available on the app store. Users might wish to watch some third-party content on their Roku device which is when they can consider jailbreaking Roku.
When you Jailbreak Roku TV, you basically bypass the internal software restrictions to access a third-party application on your device. But if you were to look for help in any Roku TV support guide, they will tell you that Roku is Jailbreak-free. Then, how do you access your content software through it? By screen mirroring of course!
With the help of screen mirroring, you can view any content that is prohibited by the Roku software, by installing it on your phone. To offer you complete Roku support, we have written a step-by-step guide on Jailbreaking Roku with or without screen mirroring.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to JAILBREAK Roku TV?
We have written a stepwise procedure to give you complete Roku support during the process. Follow the steps below to Jailbreak Roku TV:
First things first, you need to be aware of the device that you are using. Check the operating system of your Roku Smart TV, to know if it is working on Android OS.
- For Android TV devices, you will be able to find Google Play Store somewhere on your TV your television.
- If you cannot find the app, it may suggest that your TV is not operating on Android OS.
- Once you have found Google Play Store, launch the application and type “Kodi” in the search bar. This will prompt a list of apps with similar names, select Kodi and click on install.
- The on-screen instructions will guide you through the installation process.
If you are unable to install Kodi on your TV then you can contact any Roku Support Contact or check a few Roku TV support communities for help. Also, check your internet connection -errors could occur because of a poor internet connection.
- Once the app is installed, insert the Roku streaming device in your Smart TV and launch Kodi.
- If you are using a Roku Smart TV, you can directly launch the app.
- Make sure that your Roku TV or streaming device is connected to a good wireless network.
- The next step to Jailbreak Roku TV is screen mirroring.
- Make sure that your Roku device is connected to the same network as the device you want to mirror your TV with. You can use a mobile or a laptop for doing this.
- Install the Kodi app on your mobile or laptop as well and make sure that your Roku device is updated. If you don’t know how to do that you can look at other blogs by searching “Roku Support Help” on Google.
- Now, go to the “Settings” of your Roku streaming device and enable the screen mirroring option.
- Now go to the “Connections” menu in your mobile device and find the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select them both to establish a connection.
- After the connection is established, you can watch all the movies and TV shows that Roku was not allowing before.
If you have followed all the steps, you will be able to Jailbreak Roku TV and stream your favourite content.