Before buying a second hand mobile there are a lot of things one should know, not only which mobiles to buy but also how to get good used phones.
Before buying any used mobile online, the first thing to do is Research. Research can help one individual gain a lot of knowledge and can help know deeper things that are known to fewer people and with the help of additional knowledge, one can decide or choose a better second hand phone. Most people don’t do research or have some basic knowledge before buying a used phone that’s the reason scammers can easily sell their faulty or damaged phones to the customers by hiding the original details of the product.
A person who is deciding to buy used mobiles, either he/she wants to save money or their financial condition is not stable. In this case, if you are willing to buy a used phone online blindly without any research or inquiry about the product there is a huge risk in buying the mobile as you might be a victim of fraud or scam. Your plan of saving money and spending on buying used products both are worthless or waste if you have been scammed. Always remember to be very careful while buying second hand mobile phones or refurbished phones.
Used phones are pre-owned phones, used by someone in the past for a certain period and due to various reasons and factors, it is available for sale at a low cost.
Second hand phones can be bought at a lower price but it doesn’t have any guarantee that it might be a good mobile. It might be faulty or damaged, if we couldn’t identify the fault during the time of buying then we can face great loss sooner or later. But there is an advantage to buy second hand mobiles sometimes we can get used phones in good condition or almost a new second hand phone as someone wants to sell it due to financial problems or wants to buy another mobile. In this type of situation, you might also get a warranty on the phone as it is rarely used and brought recently.
Buying a second hand laptop is a bit risky as compared to buying a refurbished phone or new phone.
Refurbished phones are used phones that are used by somebody for a very limited amount of time and due to some fault or some problems in the phones, they are then returned to the manufacturer or seller for repairs. After getting repaired and reconditioned like a new-one. They are available for sale at a low cost than the original price.
Refurbished products are usually not sold in original packing but you can get all original accessories present in the mobile phone and the reason you should buy a refurbished phones is that they are well tested and free of any damages and problems as it is verified by authorized technicians and checked thoroughly before being available for sale. Moreover, almost every refurbished mobiles comes with a manufacturer's warranty, the same warranty period as the new ones.
Is buying a new phone a waste of money?
Buying a new phone is not a waste of money. If you have a budget to buy a new phone then you can wish to buy a new phone. Most of the current generation smartphones come with powerful features and the cost of these phones is too high just for few additional specifications and you have to pay an additional GST price too.
After buying a new phone, Most of the users take care of the phone and in a well-maintained condition. After using the phone for more than 6months or over a year we become casual and use the phone roughly and frequently damaging the phone unintentionally and after few more days it might have been completely damaged or you have to pay from your pocket to repair the phone. Buying a new phone is somewhat a waste of money.
If you want to buy a phone for general purposes like browsing, watching videos, or attending online classes, then it is better to buy a used phone as it will cost less, and even if it accidentally gets damaged then it won't be a complete wastage of money as it was a used one and also low cost. Few people understand the true value of buying a used phone and they are the one with greater benefits than other.
How to know if a phone is refurbished or not?
- Dial ##786# or *#*#786#*#*
- In reconditioned status, there are 2 options
- Yes: Your phone is refurbished.
- No: Your phone is not refurbished it is factory new.
How to buy used phones?
To buy used phones there are two ways offline or online. You can buy second hand phones from a local store nearby you or you can visit any classified sites. The best way is to buy from classified sites because on classified sites you can find huge numbers of used phones for sale and you can have a huge range of products throughout the country and can choose from a huge number of options available on the site and in local stores or offline, you may have very few amount of options and few options to choose from. So it is always better to buy from a classified website.
- It is better to signup first for a better experience and after that, you can browse various mobiles from various sellers nearby your location or your city area, or any place in the country.
- Select the desired mobile that you want to buy from the options available on the website.
- You will find all the available info about the mobile in the advertisement description and if you want to know more details of the product or want to buy the product then you can find the contact details of the seller in the description and can contact the seller directly and clear all your doubts and queries related to the product easily.
- You can contact the seller and check the phone thoroughly that you are about to buy. If the phone is in very good condition and also running well then fix a good deal and pay the seller in exchange for the phone.
Which phone should I buy second hand?
There are no such specific mobile brands if you want to buy second hand mobiles because to buy a good used phone the condition of the phone should be good & how good is the phone running? Everybody wants to buy good used mobile phones for personal as well as general use, we cannot buy a phone seeing a specific brand and even if you buy it, then it is a bad decision.
Second hand phones that you should buy are:
- Phone that is in well-maintained condition.
- Always try to buy a phone that is used very little. Lesser the phone used much better the quality of the phone.
- The battery backup of the phone must be good.
- The phone must be working and running smoothly without getting frozen or getting hanged.
- Always try to buy a phone that has a warranty included or if you can get insurance for the phone it is much better.
Important things to check while buying a second hand phone
- Research: Before buying a used phone first decide which phone to buy and after deciding, do some research on the phone and know the pros and cons of buying that particular model of the phone and after completing the research it is up to you to decide whether to buy or not. If you change your mind then you can buy other brands or other models of the phone.
- Documents: Check and verify the original documents of the phone thoroughly. Through this document, you can also find out on which date the phone was purchased and from there you can figure out how much time the phone is been used and from there you can decide whether to buy the phone or not.
- Physical Damage: Check for physical damage on the phone. Look out for scratches, broken tempered glass, or cracked screens, or look out for other internal or external damages. If there are frequent scratches on the phone then it might be roughly used or it might have got damaged frequently. Avoid buying these types of phones.
- Display & Touch Response: Check the brightness of the phone from low to high, Check the display of the phone, Look carefully if the screen is flickering or it has bad light then don't buy the phone. To check the touch response, Go to Settings>>About phone>>Tap the build number 7 times. Now you are in the developer option check show touches and pointer location. Now you can check the screen response of the phone, Check whether it is slow or fast and choose accordingly.
- Battery: Check whether the phone is charging or not or the data cable is working or not. Even if the phone is charging remember to look out how fast it is charging, if it is charging up slowly then, the USB cable might be defective or it might be the charging port or there might be a problem with the charging adapter.
- Audio Jack: Check if the audio jack is working or not and try to use a headphone or earphone jack and check the audio quality if it is not good or if you hear some sparking sound while hearing the audio then the audio jack might be loosed or damaged one.
- Sim card and SD card slot: Check the sim card both slot1 and slot2 and then insert sim and turn on mobile data, make calls and messages. Besides the sim slot or within the sim slot there might be a place for an SD card, insert an sd card and check whether the phone is detecting the card or not.
- Fake Phone: Check for fake or clone phones. Go to Settings and check the software version and last updated or check the hardware specification of the phone inside the phone in Settings>>About Phone. If still you cannot find just restart the phone see which logo is appearing during start up. If you steel feel doubt on the phone better not to buy the phone no matter how good the deal is.
- Stolen Phone: There are thousands of stolen phones available in the black market as well as in the normal markets. Most of the stolen phones do not have proper documents and avoid buying phones which don't have any documents or details of the phones.
- Price: As you might have done some research before deciding to buy a used mobile phone. So pay the price according to the condition and usage of the phone. Do not overpay for the mobile whose condition might not be up to a good level.
Where can I sell & buy used phones for a good price?
You can sell & buy used phones on the Cifiyah website. It is one of the most trusted sites to buy and sell your products easily and securely. You can get huge varieties and options to buy the cheapest smartphones, cheap iPhones, refurbished iPhones, used iPhones and you can also get good and better cell phone deals & latest gadgets deals than any other classified site.
You can post free ads on classified websites like Cifiyah to sell or buy used phones easily. If you are new to the site then, Register and post an advertisement on the product that you want to want to sell it and mention all the details of the product including a good photo of the product to be sold and fix the desired price at which rate you want to sell used mobiles and wait for interested customers to contact you through mail or phone number that you have mentioned it during the time of advertisement.