Fix QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks error code H202 mainly happens when QuickBooks Desktop is trying to maintain an internet connection to the company files, but unable to do it due to server. Now, you can proceed with steps how to fix QuickBooks Error H202 by proceeding with he below given blog post.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error H202
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- The firewall is blocking both the incoming and outgoing communication.
- Conflict with DNS server.
- QuickBooks is not able to get the IP address of the server hosting or host system in the company file.
- The network data file (.ND) is corrupt or damaged.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Method 1: Ping Your server
- In Firstly, you have to access the Run window in a workstation
- After that, you have to place the command in the text field and then tap on the OK button.
- Now, you have to ping your server.
- Later, you need to type ping_servername.
- Now execute above-mentioned steps
- If you receive a slow reply, go to the next method mentioned below methods.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Yu have to download the QuickBooks file doctor from the official website and then run it.
Method 3: Try Calibration Process and Connectivity
- Go to QuickBooks and just click on the File menu and then choose Utilities option and turn off hosting.
- Tap on windows key and then ping all the workstations respectively from the QuickBooks Host / Server computer.
- The command for the ping test has to be ended on the Command Prompt.
- You have to give the command and then just press the Enter option.
Method 4: Change File Location of Company File
- Create a New Folder to keep your company file in it.
- Then, Select the company file and the respective.TLG file folder from the older company file folder and then Press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Now navigate to the New Company file folder and then press Ctrl + V to copy the company file.
- Now, proceed with the file in multi-user mode.
Method 5: Reset QB Database Server Manager
- Firstly, punch Windows+R keys from your keyboard and then type msc and choose Services Icon.
- Now you have to follow through the List of services.
- After doing that, just you have to do Double-Click on the QuickBooksDBxx services and then tap on the Stop button to disable the service.
- Now, choose the option of service as Automatic from the drop-down menu that is preceded by the Start button.
- Lastly, you have to access the QuickBooks and then try to access the file once again.
By following all these effective steps, your issue of how to fix QuickBooks Error H202, gets fixed instantly. If you are yet not able to fix the issue by your own after trying up all the tricks. Contacting the technical experts, however help you certainly to resolve the issue and clear the doubts.