Courier companies play an important role in the functioning of e-commerce businesses. It is important to deliver the courier to the customer on time for a wonderful customer experience which in turn helps the business to grow and win the trust of consumers.
Courier companies play an important role in the functioning of e-commerce businesses. It is important to deliver the courier to the customer on time for a wonderful customer experience which in turn helps the business to grow and win the trust of consumers. Targeting just the local crowd might not help and businesses, therefore, are trying to reach a wider audience by providing the option of worldwide delivery at a faster speed. In order to achieve this goal, a professional courier service provider is the most important need of a business. Most of us just order the products and they reach us within a few days but we have never wondered about the process behind it. It will be really interesting to know a bit about it and understand how our parcel reaches our doorstep at a lighting speed.
Courier companies strive hard to make the shipping experience as smooth as they can so that the product can reach customers within a specified time frame. Courier tracking might seem like stealing candy from a baby but it actually is a cumbersome process for the courier service providers. They work hard to streamline this process so that the packages can be easily sorted and delivered safely to the destination.
It is now easier to send a courier to Denmark from India with the help of a reliable courier service provider. The main motive of maintaining a tracking system is to provide transparency to the customers on where their packages have reached. Courier to Denmark from India can be sent at affordable international courier charges. A tracking system helps to check the flow of the product on the way to the destination and also an estimated delivery date can be calculated. We can calculate the international courier charges through the company’s website online calculator.
Steps involved in the tracking process of a parcel:
- Generating a unique barcode: A bar code is a unique code assigned to each parcel by the courier company. A bar code is generated as soon as the seller or any individual books a parcel with a courier company that is exclusive to that package only. Once the courier company picks-up the parcel from the origin, this bar code is printed and pasted on the package.
- Scanning the unique barcode: We might wonder how the tracking data comes to the website of the courier company’s website tracker. When the delivery process of the package is initiated, the barcode generated in step 1 is a scanner with the help of a scanner and the data is transferred to the online tracker available on the website.
- Storage of shipping details: Once step 2 is completed, step by step details about the whereabouts of the parcel are stored on the online tracker. Details such as place, date, time, etc of the parcel leaving from a hub and reaching another hub are all available on the courier company’s online tracker.
- Shipping the product: Once the product leaves the courier’s company’s hub at the origin, the courier company ensures that it safely reaches its hub at the destination city.
- Re-scanning of unique barcode: The package is again scanned at the destination center and all the details are updated automatically on the online tracker.
- Delivery of the parcel: A particular person is assigned to deliver the product from the hub to the doorstep at the address provided during the initial booking of the product. This person contacts the receiver and delivers the product to the specified address. Finally, this person marks the product as delivered in their system and this information is updated on the online tracker.