SBC Global is a free email service developed by a company named SBC global services responsible for providing telecommunication services. In 2005, SBC global and American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) merged and called AT&T itself. SBC’s primary features include sending, receiving, forwarding, and replying to emails, automated spam blockers, address book, instant messaging, and more. However, people have claimed to be facing the SBCGlobal email not working problem, which the users may find difficult to manage or fix. Given the situation, we have curated this blog for you to find out how to fix this problem.
REASONS FOR SBCGLOBAL EMAIL NOT WORKING
The reason behind SBCGlobal not working on iphone can vary, but the most common ones are mentioned below.
- Lack of a stable internet connection can cause such problems, so ensure that your smartphone or your desktop is connected to a stable Wi-Fi, or you can turn on your data on your smartphone
- Incorrect SBCGlobal.net email settings can also be the reason behind this; you will find the correct server settings later in this blog
- Usage of older versions can cause its functionality to hamper, so kindly ensure that you are using the most recent and updated version of your email client
- Incorrect date and time on your iphone can also cause such a problem
- This problem can occur when the SBC Global email service is down due to maintenance
Now that you are aware of the reasons, kindly move on to fixing the problem.
STEPS TO FIX SBCGLOABL EMAIL NOT WORKING ON IPHONE
If you are having trouble accessing your SBC global emails on your iPhone, you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix it.
- Open the email client that your SBCGlobal email is setup on and click on the User information section to check your username and your password; ensure that they aren’t incorrect
- The next step is to tweak the SBCglobal.net email settings, change the settings and make them as mentioned below:
The incoming Server should be IMAP, and the following should be the exact settings.
- Under the Server column, insert ‘imap.mail.att.net.’
- Type 993 under the Port column
- Select the security to be SSL/TLS
- Insert your correct email address and password in their respective columns
The outgoing Server will be SMTP
- Type ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ under the Server column
- Type 465 under the Port column
- Select SSL/TLS in the Security column
- Insert your correct email address and password in their respective fields
After you have made the necessary changes, check if your email is working correctly now.
- In case the SBCGlobal email not working error persists after making the necessary changes in the server settings, change the incoming server settings to POP instead of IMAP.
- You can delete your account and create a fresh or new one if this problem in your account is persistent
- After you’ve made changes or fixes, reboot your iphone; hold and press the sleep/wake button and volume down button together, release when you see a power-slider on your screen, which you must slide to the other side to switch it off
- Clear all reserved data and history from the mail application
Now that you are aware of the solutions to fix SBCGlobal not working on iPhone, you can fix your SBCGlobal email. You can then utilize this service on your iPhone with no problems at all. You can find more information in our other articles and blogs to provide solutions to your IT problems.