Fortunately, we have just the solutions you need to fix the AOL not receiving emails problem on your iPhone.
AOL webmail is an efficient email service provided by AOL, now a part of Verizon Communications. AIM mail service, another name for AOL, stands for AOL Instant Messenger is widely used due to its secure and proactive services. Just like any other email service, errors may occur while using AOL email services. Users have often complained about the problems with receiving emails on AOL, which can be quite frustrating, especially if you are working on an official task requiring urgency. Fortunately, we have just the solutions you need to fix the AOL not receiving emails problem on your iPhone. These solutions are mentioned below. You must try each solution and see what works best for you.
THREE SOLUTIONS FOR AOL NOT WORKING
There are three different solutions that you can apply to solve the problem on iPhone with AOL not receiving emails. These four solutions are mentioned in this blog.
SOLUTION 1: UPDATE THE NETWORK SETTINGS
Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to fix your problem with the AOL email service.
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to the general option under the Settings
- You will see a reset option on your screen – tap on it to reset the settings
- Under the Reset option, you must locate reset Network settings and click on it
- This will result in resetting the network settings
SOLUTION 2: TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE AND TURN IT OFF
The next solution to AOL not receiving emails on your iPhone problem may seem like an old trick – but what matters is that it works most of the time. As turning on the airplane mode and turning it off may result in the re-establishment of the network connection, resulting in AOL mail’s smooth functioning.
- Swipe up on your iPhone’s home screen to open the control panel; tap on the airplane mode icon in the option to turn it on – wait a few minutes and tap again to turn it off
- Search for a stable Wi-Fi connection and connect to one or turn on your data connection
- AOL should be working now as the connection has been re-established
SOLUTION 3: REMOVE AND RE-ADD ACCOUNT
Next, the final solution to fix AOL mail not receiving emails on iPhone is to remove your AOL account and re-add it from your iPhone. Follow the instructions below to complete this process.
- Go to the Accounts & Passwords option in the settings of your iPhone
- Select AOL account from the list of all accounts; a new page should open where you will find the Delete Account option – click on it to delete the AOL account from your iPhone
- Go back to the Accounts & Passwords option but choose Add Account this time
- Enter the email and password to re-add the account
The aforementioned solutions are curated into a blog to assist you with your problem with the AOL email not receiving emails on your iPhone.
HOW DO I RESET MY AOL PASSWORD OR RECOVER FORGOTTEN AOL PASSWORD
AOL Mail, a free web-based email service, is loaded with advantageous features that allow users to utilize the best of this email service. AOL email offers spam protection, virus protection, suggestive replies and compose, link to other service provider’s email accounts, and supported protocols – IMAP, SMTP, POP3. Since a single user has multiple accounts on different platforms, it is quite likely for the user to forget their password. This is why AOL and other email service providers have the reset password feature that lets you reset your password using an additional security measure so you can use their email service effortlessly. You will find steps to recover AOL password in this blog.
STEPS TO RESET AOL PASSWORD
The steps below are applicable if you know your existing password but wish to reset it. Implement the instructions mentioned below to execute AOL password reset.
- Open the browser on your desktop and type AOL.com in the browser’s URL to launch the AOL webpage and sign in to your account using the correct credentials
- You will see your profile picture at the top-right corner – tap on it to open your account page
- On the left side of the page is a panel of options; you must select Account security from the given options and then click on the Change Password option located on the right side of the same page
- Please enter the new password and enter it again to confirm; click on Continue to save
With the precedent instructions, your AOL password reset is complete.
STEPS TO RECOVER FORGOTTEN AOL PASSWORD
In case you forgot AOL password and wish to recover it, follow the subsequent instructions.
- Open AOL’s official webpage (AOL.com) on your browser and type your username in its designated column, then click on next
- On the next page where you enter your password, click on the Forgot Password option at the bottom of the window to claim that you forgot AOL password and wish to recover the same
- Follow the onscreen instructions, provide them with security requirements; you will receive a one-time password on your phone number for verification
- You must enter this security code to verify that you are the account’s owner, and AOL will allow you to change your password
- Enter your new password twice and click on Save
The steps mentioned in this blog should help you recover AOL password quickly without much hassle. However, it is a good idea to keep a password keeper on your iPhone, so you don’t have to recover your account that often. Refer to our other blogs for more related information.