QuickBooks error code C=272 is an unexpected error code that can be seen when running QuickBooks verify data utility or rebuild data utility in the system.
QuickBooks error code C=272 is an unexpected error code that can be seen when running QuickBooks verify data utility or rebuild data utility in the system. Such an error can further disrupt the complete work process and can be pretty much annoying for the QuickBooks users to handle. Considering the need to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=272, we have come up with this piece of information, where we will be talking about the quick steps to get rid of this error, along with the handful factors triggering such an error.
Thus, make sure to read this post till the end. You can also contact our accounting experts for quick and precise solution. We are available round the clock and offer you the best services that your business deserves.
What leads to QuickBooks error code C=272?
Bumping into QuickBooks error C=272 can happen due to the following factors:
- In case there is any sort of data damage
- When running the memorized report that was produced by earlier QB version and couldn’t convert properly, then such an error is probable to occur
- Moreover, if the user tries to move a report or report like data
- In case of data file damage, such an error might be seen
- Or if the user tries to navigate to the report or similar data type
Fixation steps for QuickBooks error C=272
One can try out the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code C=272. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Opening the sample company file
- The user needs to first press and hold Ctrl key
- And then release the key when no company open window appears
- In case the issue occurs before the no company open window comes on the screen, the user can head to the next step
- Now, click on open sample file tab and also select a sample file form the list
- The last step is to try opening the sample file
Step 2: Disabling the windows 10 compatibility mode with QB desktop shortcut icon
- In this step, the user should right click the QuickBooks icon
- And then, select properties
- Click on the compatibility tab
- And unmark the checkbox saying run the program in compatibility
- Click on ok tab
- Click on cancel and head to the next step
Step 3: The next step is to disable windows compatibility mode setting for QBW32.exe file
- Start with right clicking on the QuickBooks icon on windows desktop
- And then click on properties
- Open QuickBooks installation folder and press shortcut
- Click on find target tab
- And also, right click on QBW32.Exe and press properties tab
- Press the compatibility tab
- Followed by unmarking the checkbox stating run program in compatibility
- Also, hit ok tab
- And click on cancel option if the checkbox is not marked
- The user should shut the windows explorer window and QB desktop shortcut properties
Step 4: Open QuickBooks and the company file
The above discussed remedies might be more than enough to get rid of the QuickBooks error code C=272.
Whereas, if for some reason the error continues,we suggest you to connect with our technically sound QuickBooks error support professionals and ask them to carry out the necessary steps on your behalf. You can make use of our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Other helpful articles to read: