When it comes to keeping the food eatable and fresh for a long time period, you will find a lot of options out there. But when it comes to the most effective one, you can always go for plastic wrapping food options as well as retort pouch packaging of food. Well, the demand for retort packaging is now increasing as it comes with a lot of benefits. Speaking about retort packaging, in general, it is a perfect composite of plastic film pouch. Such a pouch is effective for heat-treated packaging. Such pouches come with the characteristics of a canned container and a boiling water-resistant plastic bag.
What do you mean by retort pouches?
When it comes to choosing an ideal material for plastic wrapping food, you can always go for retort packaging material. Developed from heat-resistance high-quality laminated plastic, you will find them semi-rigid and flexible. Different products such as sauces, pasta, rice, coon in a bag-meals, and more such items are stored as well as sterilized in such packages applying around 121 degree C of temperature.
They have three layers of different materials. The general structure of retort packs is: their outer layer has a polyester layer, which helps in reinforcement. The middle section has an aluminium layer that makes the pouches leak, moisture, and light proof. The final layer has the polypropylene layer that works as a heat-sealing agent.
The idea for such pouches was first promoted in the year 1950 by the US army, and the research work for that continued till 1960. Finally, Reynolds Metals Company and the US Army Natick R&D Command commercialize the pouches, and it was first launched in Italy.
A retort pouch is well-known for lower bacterial content, and the products don’t even need to refrigerate. The use of these packages is now growing in the ready-to-drink industry.
Some advantages of retort pouch packaging
- Well, you can prefer to opt for plastic wrapping food for food packaging, but this is good for short-term packaging duration, but when it comes to packaging for a long time, you can only trust the retort packaging option. Such materials can help the food to maintain its natural shape, taste, aroma, and color. The pouches are thinner and can be perfectly sterilized within a short period of time. All the features of the food can be preserved for a longer time.
- These are easy to use. The retort pouch is easy to open and safe to use. While eating, all you need to put the food and the bag into the boiling water and heat it for around 5 minutes to open it.
- You will find them much easy to transportation and store. These are very lightweight. You can easily stack and store them anywhere you want. They take a very small amount of place. Just package the food, and you will see the space obtained by the pouch will smaller than the space obtained by the metal packaging scan. That also means that you can also save transportation costs.
- You will save energy with this. As the pouches are thinner, the element can easily reach to the lethal heat level quickly when you apply heat. Besides, the energy consumption level will be less than 30 to 40 percent than other materials.
- You won’t face any issue while selling your products. These pouches can be easily packaging as well as assembled based on market needs. Customers can purchase the product at will. What’s more? The pouches can be customized, and due to the decorative factor, this will increase your sales volume. Go for it now.
- You will enjoy longer save time. You don’t need to refrigerate or keep the food in the frozen condition if you are using retort packages to store food. Your food product will get better shelf life and is convenient for home use.
- The manufacturing cost will be much lower. The films used for producing the retort packages are much lower than other sheets. Besides, the production process is also simple. So, these are budget-friendly.
Are you looking for a reliable retort packages provider for your manufacturing unit? You can work with professionals for the best solution.