APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship
Scholarships are one of the best platforms that help students to get into reputable institutions. It provides students with quality education through financial assistance. Students willing to pursue higher studies have the best international scholarships available across the globe.
The Global Indian International School (GIIS) in Abu Dhabi is a profound educational institution with its nascent beginning by the reputed Global Schools Foundation institution. GIIS today has its footprints in several other countries contributing towards quality and holistic education.
In Abu Dhabi, GIIS was started in the year 2015 with world-class amenities and modern teaching methodologies making the student's future-ready to face the challenges of the modern age.
GIIS offers various international scholarships that help students across the globe get access to quality and affordable education. The school offers an Indian and international curriculum that provides an all-around development for students. The scholarships offered by GIIS are academically based, skill-based, talent-based, means cum merit-based, and the tech skills of the students.
The scholarships offered by GIIS Abu Dhabi are:
- Global Future Ready Merit Scholarship
- GIIS Super Star Scholarship
- Global Citizen Scholarship
- The 9 GEMS Holistic Development Scholarship
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship
- Zayed Gandhi Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Let us learn about the differences between the two distinctive scholarships that are the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship and the GIIS Super Star Scholarship.
Today the world is in the digital age and for students to be on par with the technology it is important to be equipped with digital technologies and innovations. At a young age, students are being exposed to handling and knowledge of complicated technologies, app making, scientific experiments, digital tools, etc. Through the APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship. GIIS identifies the digital skills and innovative capabilities of the students and encourages them to excel further. Through the concession offered by this scholarship, a student’s unique talent is explored in scientific experiments, innovating tools, creating apps and other gadgets for digital devices.
The main features of the APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship are:
- The student must be a resident of the UAE
- The student and the parents must possess valid visa copies and Emirates ID
- The student should have good academic records
- This is a one-year scholarship that can be availed by students studying between 5th – 11th standards.
- It is applicable for the existing as well as new GIIS students.
This scholarship is offered to students with recognition in the Olympiads by SOF/STEM Olympiad/Robotics Olympiad or winning the top ranks in the National Children’s Science Congress or being the 1st Ranking teams at ISRO Space Quiz, NSS-National Space settlement.
- The scholarship is divided into four categories are A, B, C, and D, and the scholarship amount allotted is 15%, 12%, 10%, and 5% respectively.
To win this scholarship the candidate needs to be in the eligibility bracket which includes:
- The student must have written and submitted a paper, thesis, or published documents on topics related to digital space like Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, coding, app-making, etc.
The student should have invented or innovated a tool/gadget in digital space like Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Coding, App-making, etc.
GIIS Super Star Scholarship
This is one of the esteemed scholarships offered by GIIS that provides a platform for excellent learning experience preparing the students for the future to get into reputable universities for higher studies and undergraduate programs of their choice. This scholarship is exclusively for students who are keen on pursuing overseas education at the GIIS campus in Abu Dhabi.
The basic features of the GIIS Super Star Scholarship are:
- The student must not be studying in any of the GIIS campuses
- The candidate applying must be an ASEAN that is one who is residing in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, and Singapore), South Asia (India / Sri Lanka / Bangladesh), Gulf countries & European Union countries
- The scholarship tenure is two years and given to students studying in 11th and 12th standards
- This scholarship looks into the academic caliber of a student
- The scholarship is applicable to a student from any board be it ICSE, CBSE, IGCSE, GCSE, or any American board equivalent to the other boards
- The scholarship is divided into A and B categories and the concession offered is 50- 65% on tuition fees
- The student must have a score between 95 – 96% and above, or A and above grades in all the subjects.
Eligibility criteria include
- The student should have excellent academic records
- A student should be a resident and citizen of the UAE
- Parents and students must have valid visas and Emirates ID
- Students need to submit past two years’ academic records.
Once the students fulfill the international scholarship criteria, the process of selection takes place wherein the applications along with the documents are submitted. Based on this the students are selected and intimated through mail. They would need to undergo a final round of assessment before signing off the scholarship deed.
Hope this blog has given an idea about the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship and its pros over other scholarships available. There are various kinds of international scholarships available and as a deserving student or a parent of one, you must look into the details of a scholarship and its related benefits.