APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is a talent-based scholarship provided by GIIS Ahmedabad. Learn about the procedure to apply & Eligibility!
The Global Indian International School (GIIS) is a CBSE-affiliated international school that is reputed for promoting academic excellence and well-rounded education. To encourage overall holistic development, GIIS offers many scholarship opportunities to its students.
In this blog, we will discuss the application process you should follow to avail this scholarship. But before we do, we will briefly discuss what the Dr Abdul Kalam Scholarship is, what inspired its creation, and its eligibility criteria. Let’s begin.
What is the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
The APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is a talent-based scholarship awarded by the Global Indian International School (GIIS). With this scholarship, GIIS hopes to promote a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation in the field of technology among students.
The scholarship attempts to bridge the gap between students and technological learning. It seeks to encourage technological breakthroughs and acknowledge the excellent work done by young students in the digital space and steer them in the direction of innovations in the tech sector.
- Students who are National Rank Holders amongst the top 10, 20, or 30 student categories at the Olympiad by SOF/ STEM Olympiad/ Robotics Olympiad can avail 3-9% off on tuition fees.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize Winners at the annual competition of National Children’s Science Congress at the national and state level are eligible for scholarship grants between 6-9% off on tuition fees.
- Students who were part of the Rank 1 Teams at ISRO Space Quiz, NSS-National Space Settlement are eligible for a 6% off on tuition fees. On the other hand, students who were part of the Rank 2 Teams are eligible for 3% off on tuition fees.
- Top 10 rankers at National, State, or International level Robot Olympiads are eligible for 3% off on tuition fees.
What are the eligibility criteria for the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
Read on to learn the eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill to avail of the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship awarded by GIIS:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and a student of GIIS.
- The applicant must be a student from classes 6-12. Students from other grades are not eligible to apply for the Dr Abdul Kalam Scholarship.
- Past two years of academic performance of the student.
- Students represented at national OR international OR Regional forums under the below categories are eligible to apply:
- Have written a paper, thesis, or published documents OR have invented or innovated a tool/ gadget related to digital space like Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Coding, App-making, BlockChain, etc.
- Provide relevant proof/s of the paper, thesis, publication, tool, instrument, application, etc.
What is the application process for the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
The application process for the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is a 5-step process. Read on to learn all about the scholarship application process:
- Step 1: Application & Documentation - In this step, you have to download and correctly fill the application form for this scholarship. After you do this, upload all the relevant documents as outlined in the application form. This mostly includes:
· Upload academic records for the past two years.
· Paper, thesis or published documents, Technology Project documents.
- Step 2: Notification - Successful applicants will be notified via email within ten working days. You have to wait for an intimation from the school who will inform you if you are considered eligible for the scholarship. If you are deemed fit for the scholarship, your application will go through step 3.
- Step 3: Scholarship Assessment - The reviewing panel will evaluate your application in this step.
- Step 4: One to One Interview (If Applicable)
- Step 5: Scholarship Selection + Disbursal
As you can check in the above few steps, the scholarship application process is simple and straightforward. All you have to do is check your eligibility criteria and apply accordingly.